Well today was my mother's funeral. It was a beautiful day and we had a lovely graveside service. My old high school friend who is a Catholic priest now did a lovely service. Because she was being buried in my old home town, several of my old school friends came. Two of my older cousins flew in from out of state. My best friend played guitar and sang. The son of my mom's best friend, who was like a cousin to us growing up, was there with his wife. My college boyfriend, who my mom let sleep on the couch one summer when he was broke, was there. All my siblings and their kids, and my one brother's grandkids were there. We had a nice luncheon/wake at a local restaurant after, a place we actually used to go as a family when we were young.

A difficult but lovely day. It felt really good to be surrounded by so much love and so many memories.

Unfortunately CMM has his panties in a bunch because an ex-boyfriend was there. Ex-boyfriend from FORTY-SIX years ago!!! Who has been nothing but a friend (like, talk maybe every 3-5 years) ever since.

Not my circus, not my monkeys. His OCPD gets pretty ridiculous at times, and frankly, today is my day to mourn with family and friends who knew her. I'm sorry he's upset but this possessive bullsh!t is, well, frankly bull.