Bit of advice needed please:

Text from W today.

One of our windows has shattered in the house - weirdly it's on the inside pane. So, it's not a break-in but more like a fault with the pane - perhaps the wood has expanded/contracted and the glass is apparently shattered evenly all over. Also our smoke alarms aren't working and the wiring needs checking.

W initially asked if I knew anything abotu the window. I replied about 30min later with a short "No, didn't know anything about that", acknowledged that it was "frustrating", and then said "I think the windows have their own separate warranty."

She replied about 8ish tonight saying "OK can I ask you to sort that out? I'm feelign completely overwhelmed at the mo and I'm going up to my parents tomorrow for a few days and signed off work for a bit so I won't be around to sort anything."

I haven't replied to this yet.

Her parents live about 200 miles away. She has been signed off work so many times in the last year.

I don't want to say "No, you sort it out," because it doesn't actually relate to the sale of the house. I'm happy to contact the people concerned, and then just make them come round on a day when I know she'll be working from home.

Do I validate how she's been "overwhelmed" and signed off work?

I'm a little annoyed at the situation - she's overwhelmed because normally, if things were all fine between us, I'd just sort this out anyway, and it'd be sorted within a few days and tradesmen would be booked to turn up to the house to fix everything in a timely manner. She seems to be struggling with day-to-day house stuff. Not sure why she needs to be signed off again.

I'm ok about contacting people and booking a time slot. That's it though - I'm not taking time out or booking leave off work to just drive up to the house to let the workmen in to do that they have to do. She can do that.

Help please smile

Me - 36, W - 32
No kids
T - 8 yr, M - 3 yr
Discovery - 14 May 2019
S - 25 May 2019 & D bomb - 29 July 2019
D & House sale final - Feb 2020