ty doodler and ginger. doodler, if you don't mind my asking, when you did the same to OM, did it freak you out that you were capable of that? I'm having the hardest time accepting that I could actually do that.

G - ty ty ty. My hs BFF worked here for years as a social worker and was on the phone with me last night saying to ask for the alarm and if they say no ask why and demand a response. It was clear that the staff was equally horrified and frustrated because of HIPPA constraints to tell me fully what was going on with the male patient and that they weren't allowed to do more to correct the problem. one of the aides refused to leave - I heard him arguing with the nurse that this shouldn't be happening and he wanted to make sure mom felt safe. he's the one who told me that he would feel and do the same (staying overnight) if it was his mother.

mom's still in bed, napping. she's tired.

the man seems harmless enough, but it's frightening and he's clearly not in his right mind. he should be in a memory unit so he can get the care he needs, not here.

and no, I don't need the horsepuckies from the peanut gallery, especially from an IN LAW. there, I said it. but isn't that always the way? Believe me, (and I hope this is many years away) five minutes after mom's in the ground they are out of my life for good.

M 20+ T25+
BD 4/6/15
D Final 12/23/16

“Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” - Rumi