spent the night sleeping/dozing in the chair next to mom's bed. a new patient (male) came into her room last night and woke her up by stroking her face and head. needless to say, she was terrified. she was alone in her room at the time, as her room mate had gone home earlier in the day.

this is a non-restraint facility, so they will not even put an alarm on him so they know when he's up and wandering about. they will not do one on one supervision. she was shaking, holding her light cord in one hand and her call button in the other. no way in h#double hockey sticks was I leaving her alone when they couldn't guarantee that it wouldn't happen again.

I did leave at 5:15 to go home with coffee for son and to take a shower, dress and come back. twenty minutes after I came back he wandered in again. I chased him from the room and called staff. I just got off the phone with my boss. I'm not going anywhere until either she is out for PT, has a new room mate or I talk to management. To say this is unacceptable is the understatement of the century. any suggestions on what is reasonable to expect management to do in this situation would be gratefully welcomed. mom doesn't want to leave as she loves the staff and especially her PT. She's making great strides here, other than this situation. The staff were quite upset, and definitely frustrated by their inability to do more than put up a stop sign across the door, or offer my mom meds to calm her. um, no! so she'd be drugged next time he came in? I don't think so.

A giant WTF.

Also, I completely lost my marbles on my cousin and her husband, who had the unmitigated gall to say, "your mother needs help and we're not going anywhere ... yeah, you'd show up in a day or two if it was convenient."

I cannot type what I said to him. I don't think I've ever been so angry in my life. And I've certainly never before threatened physical violence to someone. This. Is. Crap. Big drama. Not happening. I don't care how upset my mom was by this, I told her what he said, and I made it clear that I'm not taking that from him or anyone else. Glad to know where we stand here.

M 20+ T25+
BD 4/6/15
D Final 12/23/16

“Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” - Rumi