Originally Posted by bttrfly
I'm happy for you. There is an ease about your relationship with Sparky which is nice to see. Tells me that it's a good fit for you both.

xoxoxo

Thank you! I take that as a compliment. We really do have an ease about our whole relationship that is a refreshing change for me. I know there is a lot of advice from a wide variety of sources bandied about on these boards and one thing that I see a lot is people saying don't spend too much time texting and talking on the phone at first, but for Sparky and I, that is what worked best for us, due to his dad's illness and subsequent passing. So, I feel like we really took the time to get to know each other in that way first before we ever met in person. Then, when we did meet for our first date, it was like we'd known each other forever and we just settled right in.

Sparky and I had a long discussion the other night because, while we have many similarities, we also have some vast differences. The main one is that I'm more analytical, more hard facts, more "put the numbers to it" kind of person, where he is more go with the flow, fly by the seat of his pants, etc. We were talking about specifics related to merging our finances and accounts and about how September is going to be a bit of a challenge, just because we are trying to get everything on a new schedule and consolidated and all that, but October, especially when I give up my house and all the bills specifically associated with it (rent, utilities), we will actually end up coming out ahead and be able to establish a better savings plan than either of us currently have individually. The discussion was interesting from the standpoint of how we approached the specific numbers we were discussing. It was a good discussion and after he left, I found myself thinking about how with XH, we could have never had that discussion because we both would've just ended up p!ssed at the other one and yelling. Sparky and I didn't have that issue at all. We each made our points, some similar and some different, then listened to what the other thought. It was a really good talk. While it is not the first good talk we have had on such serious matters, it did kind of cement for me that we have made a good choice in each other and that we are a good fit together.

Looking forward to a 3-day weekend. Tomorrow afternoon is the first Hog football game of the season and I cannot wait. I'm already planning snacks for us while we cheer/yell at the tv. LOL Sunday, we are headed to Little Rock for a little early birthday present for Sparky to see Weird Al Yankovic. We are also going to Dave and Buster's for supper and some fun arcade style games beforehand because I scored a Groupon that got us a bunch of game cards for a super cheap price. Yeah, I'm one of those people. LOL Monday, we are staying home, chilling, may go out to the lake late in the afternoon after all the weekend travelers have left to head back to their homes. Should be a great weekend.

Happy weekend to all of you, too!

Me 49, XH 51
3 adult daughters from his first marriage
3 grandsons, 1 granddaughter
My 1st marriage, his 2nd
BD 9/29/2014
H moved out 10/6/2014
H filed D 11/4/2014
D final 12/17/2014