Today's first song I heard when I started the truck to come to work was "Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor. Now, THAT is how you start the day....much more upbeat than "Highway to H3ll" I think...or at least sets a more upbeat tone to the day.

Sparky and I went and signed him onto my checking account Saturday morning, then he will bring is paycheck to me to deposit tomorrow. We sat down and went through the remaining bills he has for the month and got those all lined out. We also had a long talk about me going ahead and moving into his house soon, rather than waiting until December so that we could get all of our bills consolidated and start really paying for everything together. We both felt good about it after we really put some actual numbers down on paper. It is going to be a little tough in September, until we get our bill paying schedule lined out right and because we will still be paying for my house, but our goal at this point is to have me completely moved in by the end of September so I can let my house go and shut off all the utilities before Oct. 1. When October rolls around and we can get out from under my house expenses, we really feel like we can comfortably start to really build up our savings and work toward saving for some great things and building our nest egg. Divorce is financially draining, so I have just started building stuff back up and he's in the same boat, so it will be nice to build together.

Friday evening, we spent the evening just hanging out and talking. We have some great talks because we are very similar in the way we see a lot of things and approach a lot of things. In talking about the logistics of moving in, there are a couple of things we need to work on in his house before we move my stuff and we were talking about putting our stuff together (what of mine we are keeping vs. what of his we are keeping). I'm sure we will run into an issue here or there, but he's been pretty open about bringing in my stuff and letting me decorate however I want to. I said something about a particular decoration I have in my living room now and how I'm seriously considering getting rid of it. He was like, oh, I like it and it might look nice in our bedroom (and it does happen to match my current bedroom décor, which I had already told him I was definitely keeping). So, I'm thinking that part will run relatively smoothly and that is a good thing. We shall see. The next couple of months are going to be interesting.

Work is going to be stressful and stuff is going to be a real sh!t show, so I'm thinking us trying to move now and spending time redecorating and that sort of thing is probably just the distraction I need to keep me from having a heart attack at my desk or snapping and telling someone off that I likely shouldn't. Lord, it is going to be a very long semester. On the bright side, I have had 3 different students who are enrolled in my class this semester come by and introduce themselves to me this morning while they are out looking for their classes, so I was pleased with that. Seems like I will have some nice students. YAY! Tomorrow is our first day, so Fall 2019, bring it...let's do this!

Me 50, H51
3 adult daughters from XH's first marriage (plus 4 grandkids)
Divorce final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
1 adult daughter and bonus daughter-in-law from current H's first marriage