It wasn't necessarily tough, but it was a little scary, mainly from the standpoint of going down this road again, if that makes sense. We are both on the same page, financially, fortunately. And, the wage difference, while there, is not HUGE.

Not sure on destinations yet. We aren't planning some huge luxury resort trip or anything, because that isn't us. We talked about just renting a cabin in the woods somewhere with a hot tub and no cell phone service and disappearing for a few days. My job is VERY people-centric and though I enjoy it, as a natural introvert, I need to get away and disengage so my idea of heaven is just to be away from everything and everyone for a bit. We have also discussed maybe Vegas, but I really want to go to the National Finals Rodeo which takes place in early December, so if we decide to do that, we will likely not actually honeymoon until December 2020, near our 1 year anniversary.

Me 50, H52
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
4 grandkids (plus 2 on the way)