Back to the grind yet again. After my last post a week ago, I was off Friday, Monday and Tuesday. My sister, niece and I took my mom to Houston to spend the weekend with our aunt (her sister). We had a blast. I stayed home Monday and Tuesday to just rest and relax. Travel makes me tired.

I worked my @$$ off yesterday at work because we are in the home stretch before classes begin and I had a ton of stuff that I needed to get finished. I'm still working and will have some long, busy days between now and August 20 (first day of classes). But, I'm ready for it to get here to get started.

Sparky and I are working through the particulars of merging our finances. We need to start buying some things for the wedding and there is some work that needs to be done on his house and I don't feel like it is fair that should all be on him or all on me, so we decided merging our money now might be wisest as it would allow us both to have more resources and get moving forward on some things. Unlike my first marriage, there shouldn't be an issue with putting my name on his house, as the house is paid for, so it will just be a matter of filing for an amended title in both of our names and will probably amount to some filing/paperwork fees, so that is a good thing. This is getting so super real now and I'm excited, but also a little nervous. Things go so well with me and Sparky. We rarely disagree on things and even when we do, it is minor and we communicate super effectively/efficiently. I have seen him angry and he has seen me angry and we both have a knack for calming each other down. Occasionally, his super zen mode will kind of annoy me, but we communicated about it and he understands why that is. I didn't ask him to change it because that wouldn't be fair of me to do so, but I did ask him to respect when I'm in that mood that finds the zen annoying and to approach me a little differently initially. So far so good. I make a little more money than Sparky does, but we have agreed that while daily expenses like skoal for him or the occasional kitchen towel or smelly good something or other for our house are fine expenditures to make without checking, big purchases should definitely be cleared with the other first. My XH and I did our budgeting that way and it actually worked pretty well. Sparky is fine with letting me "handle" the checkbook as far as keeping it balanced and such because I'm kind of a control freak about that and he doesn't like to do it, but we'll pay bills together. We are going to sit down this weekend and go over a budget and then within the next few weeks, we are going to add him to my existing account. Like I said, we are excited about it, but also a little nervous because this just makes it all the more real. I think I learned some very valuable lessons the first time around and those will serve me well as I prepare to go down this road for the 2nd (and final) time.

I had to take a break for a few minutes from what I was working on, but I need to get back to it. No rest for the weary, as they say. wink

Me 49, XH 51
3 adult daughters from his first marriage
3 grandsons, 1 granddaughter
My 1st marriage, his 2nd
BD 9/29/2014
H moved out 10/6/2014
H filed D 11/4/2014
D final 12/17/2014