Well, this week has just been a whirlwind and I'm SO glad today is my Friday. While in my office Monday, I found out that one of the 2 ladies who is on the custodial staff in our building is leaving our university. She's a bright, positive, hard-working young woman and her presence in our building will be missed as she always has a smile and a friendly word for everyone when she sees them. Because of the nature of my job, I interact with her more than some of the others do, but everyone likes her. So, one of my counterparts has been collecting money this week and I am going out to find a going-away gift for the young lady to give her this afternoon. I have been emotional lately, so I hope I don't cry, as that will just seem weird. LOL

Tuesday evening, Sparky and I ate dinner with the man who is officiating our wedding and his wife. They have been friends of mine for years and they really seem to like Sparky as well. We had a great evening with a delicious meal and wonderful company/conversation. Sparky even stayed over after, so that was a nice little weekday surprise.

Big news hit me Tuesday night after we returned from their house....my youngest daughter called me to let me know she is pregnant. Y'all, I screamed and cried like a little girl. I'm SO excited for her. She and her husband had me on speaker phone to tell me and her husband kept asking about Sparky and I told them he was with me, so they were glad he got to find out with me. He, too (Sparky), is SO excited. It was so cute. He got all excited and could not stop smiling and he kept saying "I'm gonna be a grandpa".......so precious! We haven't been able to tell anyone yet because they aren't announcing it until she is a little farther along, but they told all the parents and her sisters (SIL is an only child). We are all just so beyond excited.

Part of the tears Tuesday night were from something that happened the previous Saturday during our spa visit. The girls were getting pedis and I was sitting in the 4th pedi chair enjoying a nice massage and we were all chatting with the 2 ladies who were doing the pedis and one of the girls said something about my wedding and we discussed that briefly. One of the ladies then asked a few details about when and such. Conversation flowed on to various topics and then one of the spa ladies looked at me and asked if I was "mom" so I said no, stepmom. So, she asked if I was marrying their dad. I explained that no, I had been married to their dad and was divorced from him and now marrying someone else. The girls all jumped in with how important I was to them and how we had a great relationship though I wasn't still married to their dad and they even said that I raised them. All said without any prompting from me or spa lady of any kind. So, the spa lady quickly covered her initial look of shock and confusion and after the girls outpouring of love and support, she looked at me again and then looked at them and said "so, she's mom" and they all said yes. Y'all............................................I can't even! I'm tearing up now thinking about it. Seriously. I know the girls love me and think I'm important or they wouldn't continue to let me have as much of a place in their life as they do, but to have actual validation in front of complete strangers was just absolutely amazing. These girls..............:D

Oh and by the way, the committee training I was dreading was actually quite good. I learned a lot and while I hope I don't have to use it, as it was a bit overwhelming, it was a good, productive 2 days of training and for that I'm thankful. Now, I have set up lab for today and need to get a few other things accomplished in addition to my going away gift shopping, then I'm outta here til Tuesday. Headed to Houston with my mom, sis, and niece tomorrow to spend a few days with my aunt and uncle and just enjoy being away from home. My mom's birthday is tomorrow, so this is really about her, but we are all looking forward to the trip.

Life is oh so good, my DB friends!

Me 49, XH 51
3 adult daughters from his first marriage
3 grandsons, 1 granddaughter
My 1st marriage, his 2nd
BD 9/29/2014
H moved out 10/6/2014
H filed D 11/4/2014
D final 12/17/2014