Sorry CMM ruined your evening KML. Clearly he has not yet learned not to sweat the small stuff. I find that I have grown considerably in that area since BD. Some things that seemed important before just arenít anymore. Iíve never had anyone do anything really great for Valentineís Day either which kinda s#cks Ďcause my birthday is the day after so that is usually anticlimactic as well. I usually get the Valentineís/birthday combo gift. I learned long ago to have zero expectations so Iíve never been that disappointed. I did make a big deal of it twice in my life. The first time, I sent my high school/university boyfriend (together 6 years) on a scavenger hunt all over the city. Each place he went had a present for him and another clue. The last stop was a luxury hotel where we spent the night. That was super fun for me to plan and set up. The second time was when I took my boyfriend (my current H) to Vegas to see his favourite band. Other than those two instances, Iíve rarely made a deal of it. Generally a card and chocolates or something like that. The guys in my life that I have relationships with tend to be the types who feel somehow annoyed at having a prescribed day to be romantic. Maybe I have a type...lol.

My Valentineís Day consisted of chocolates for my kids and lots of hugs. My son says he will always be my valentine. Love them both so much!!

Me 51
H 46
B/G Twins 11
SD19
Legal SA - January 2019
Divorce filed - June 2019
Divorce final - November 2019

Together 14 years
Married 12 years
BD1 - May 2014
BD2 - September 14, 2018