OK, time for an update on Sunny.

Work is still good, I'm working a lot of hours and commuting more than I ever thought acceptable, and I like it. The work is interesting and challenging, the people are nice, I'm getting to know them more every day.

My kids are doing well, my S21 was home this week for spring break, it was great to see him. My D19 didn't come, she stayed to work. D14 is doing well, making good grades, playing basketball, has some nice friends. All I could want for them.

Mr. P and I are still friendly, parent together well. He's back with the duck and buying a house with her. I have heartburn with that, something I need to figure out. Back at BD I made the decision to stay kid-focused and worked hard at removing bitterness and anger. That served me well. And once again I'm in the position of choosing what kind of person I want to be. Do I continue to hold a hard line of not having anything to do with the duck, even though she's apparently going to be around for many years to come, or do I give in and accept? I can frame the first as holding to my principles or frame it as being bitter and difficult. I can frame the second as giving up or frame it as being forgiving. I haven't come to peace with it yet.

For those of you who have been following along a while, you know that BD and D were tied up with my faith home and that I tried to find a comfortable worship space for the past two years unsuccessfully. I'm happy to say that I've found a good church, one I initially resisted going to, and it's a happy comfortable place for me. It's good to have that aspect of my life integrated again.

Here's the part a few of you were really waiting for, lol. I've recently been out with a new guy, tomorrow will be our third date. He's attentive, calls me every day. Being with him is comfortable, he's easy to talk to, there's chemistry there, too. There are some obvious downsides, we live a little too far apart, our work schedules are not compatible. Still, I can see he's putting in the effort for me and I am for him. So I'm willing to see what happens.

And, finally, a Sunny update wouldn't be complete without a comment about MyNica. Yes, we broke up and that's still sticking. Yes, I have talked to him, even seen him a couple of times. But we are clear on where we are headed and where we aren't, and I'm finally moving on. I wouldn't be dating someone else if I didn't feel that way.

That's it for me. Have a glorious weekend everyone!

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way"