Time for an end of the year update. MyNica and I are finally over. I say this with 100% conviction. The tipping point was a book my good friend JellyB recommended that just spelled it out in black and white for me. And I started thinking about my parents relationship and how it affected me and about my own marriage and what my children saw, what they learned about how a woman should be treated and what she should put up with. And then I looked at MyNica and realized this is not what I want for my daughters or his either. He treated me like a princess, that wasn't the issue, but it still wasn't the relationship I'd wish for my girls. And then that had to translate into, why am I choosing this for myself? It's been a long journey for me, I've learned a lot about myself, and I wouldn't trade in having met him for anything.

So I find myself here at the beginning of a new year with a new job and no relationship, exactly like last year. I remember feeling full of hope and possibility last year. This year I'm feeling considerably more jaded but I'm trying. I'm spending the evening with family in TX and it will be nice. They love me and I'm lucky to be with them tonight.

Wishing you all a wonderful New Year.

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way"