Here's an update from the Sunny part of FL:

My new job is going really well, I'm very happy with it. It's a challenge in many ways, and it's about time. I was coasting intellectually, I had forgotten how good this is. It's a big office, I've met a lot of people, but no one that's my new best friend. Not a problem.

Between work and my kids, I've been too busy to socialize much, although I did go to a music festival last weekend and a birthday party the weekend before, I'm not a hermit. But the days of going out several times a week are over for now.

I've deliberately taken a step back from dating while I sort out some things with MyNica. We've had a couple of really long conversations recently, and I need time to process. So I'll be alone just in time for the holidays. I can't really say why I"m doing this to myself, but I know I need it to play out. I've decided to stop criticizing myself for it, stop imposing artificial deadlines, stop looking for a distraction. I'm going to just relax and let it be until one of us decides to rock the boat.

I'm not sure how Christmas is going to work at the Sunny Household this year, Mr P and I have some negotiating to do, but it will be OK. And then I'm taking D14 to TX for New Years Eve, that will be lovely. Things to look forward to.

Finally, some of you will appreciate this more than others: I'm having a beautiful new custom closet installed in the next couple of weeks, demo on the existing shelving happens Monday and Tuesday, there will be patching and painting and repairs to the wood floors, and then the new closet gets installed the Monday after. I might serve Christmas dinner in there. wink

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way"