I'm speechless. The world lost a great one today. What a loss.

I got the news from Eric very early this morning (Arizona time.)

I've been trying to absorb this. To be honest, it hit me like a ton of bricks and I really don't know what to say. Words can't express what I felt for our friend.

I came here in early 2011 and I was a mess. Jack was one of the ones that got me through it. When he first started posting to me, I remember thinking "this guy is blunt." And to be honest, I didn't always like what he had to say. Over time, I grew to respect and admire him. Then it got to where I actually "hoped" that he would post to me because I respected what he said and I knew he spoke the truth. I would also read other posters threads if I saw he was posting to them. He told it like it was whether you liked it or not.

I didn't make it known on the boards, but I was suicidal for quite a while in the beginning. I think Jack knew it. If I was silent for a while, he would post a quick little blurb on my thread to "check in" on me. When my world was dark, he was my light. My rock.

I'm sad to say, that I never had the pleasure of meeting him in person, but I felt like I knew him. The boards will never be the same.

Rest in peace dear friend and thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Tadpole1025
(Darrin)

Currently:
M 52 XW 52
Sons 33,28,26,24

The Sitch:
Married 26 years
EA w/ OM 9/10
Bomb 10/10 (5 weeks after 25th anniversary)
Sep 12/10
She wants D 1/11
W files 5/11
D final 10/11
XW marries OM 6/13