I came to this place a long time ago. I lurked and read just about every thread in the archives as well as current ones. There were posters I liked and posters I didn't. I say with honesty, I didn't like Jack 3 Beans. I admired him, but I didn't like him at all.

Then one day, I got an email, I still don't know how he got my email address...

The first line was "I know you may think I'm an asssshole but..."

He reached out to me because we had a mutual friend that he was trying to do something wonderful for and wanted to know if I wanted to be a part of it...

That email started, what turned out to be, one of the most cherished friendships that I will ever have in my life.

What everyone here has said is true...he would hate this thread. He didn't even like hearing "thank you."

He gave so much to so many. Touched lives in ways he never even realized. In his mind, he was simply a man. No better, no worse, than any other.

He believed, and tried to live, what he said to people. He may not have always been the most compassionate person, but he was passionate about DB, about being the best that you can, about being a friend, and about life.

Pirate,

You are walking again today my friend. smile

I will miss you, although I know you will always be sitting on my shoulder, whispering in my ear "did you do it right?"

Until we dip our toes in the water again...

I love you, you Bonehead.

"Acceptance doesn't mean resignation. It means understanding that something is what it is and there's got to be a way through it."--Michael J. Fox