Hi there,
left my computer for a few minutes earlier today & that turned into a few hours!

h's request/ "granny"
Just wanted to post feedback re: h's request concerning child C, & "granny".
I did not ask h as he stayed w/ c whenever he came & I simply did not get the opportunity, although I tried! h was often quiet - strange (?) It did not 'feel' like the right time.

Re the contact following the request, h has been brief with me whenever he would visit or call for child. He never mentioned his mother. It appeared to be a thought re convenience. His plans worked out temp. in that he got somewhere to "camp out" (his words), he has not brought up 'granny' again.

I am relieved. I really need a break from 'drama' & toxic distractions. sick The sad thing is that C really does NOT like this woman (granny) at all. All from his father too (!), who was often careless during heated family conversations. Not me! I have always been careful esp. as a 'non- relative'.

It is amazing how situations are changed relative to needs, so since it has happened before, it can happen again! confused In any event, I am glad for the 'break' from it at the moment.

child
C was doing well but has been getting quieter, "wants privacy" ..."isolation." After my next project, i will try to consistently have stuff planned to distract him until he gets used to the 'new' situation. The good thing is that C talks to me, most times, wink so I know what's going on.

our connections
I am also beginning to get feedback from people we know/knew as a couple. "So sorry to hear" "call me" ... I suppose the news is getting out there! Some are curious about it I guess. I really won't have very much to say should I meet them (as one must be prepared). I just don't need to get into any 'heavy stuff' when I am trying to get better, that's all.

I don't always feel comfortable with some of them, but that's life, isn't it? I am thinking about the people we met with as a couple when we first got here. People who I liked, developed a relationship with, people who have heard the most disrespectful things re me. I will miss some of them ... more loss. frown Like I said, that's life, isn't it?

my evening
Anyway, time to attend to a few domestic activities - & relax a bit afterward before bed. I want to wake up early to get some work done re project.

Keep on keeping on fellow db-ers. That's all for now ( thank you God!!! laugh laugh )
p.

pbetra
----
M: 15 yrs (in 2014)
BD: 6/03/2014
Infidelity ('known' from July 2014)
Denied PA Feb 2015
2 leave Mar 2015 (left early Summer). Some contact.
Back briefly 2017 (after family death)
Separated 2017