Agreed. I suggest that you may want to consider that you don't need to worry about the future that may or may not happen. That will just fuel the volcano mind smile

Rather, you can take things one day at a time and re-evaluate later.

It's not uncommon for the leaving spouse to try and return after some time. It's also not uncommon for the roles to reverse at that time. Just know that you're not alone in the way you feel. That change of direction is a killer. And you may remember the roller-coaster - that's when the direction changes so quickly that you can barely keep up. i.e. you're out of phase with each other, if you put it another way.

But after the hurt, we tend to build walls. Walls we don't easily break down. Nor should you for many reasons. More of a wait and see approach is likely a good idea.

And it's not uncommon to feel like the WAS at this point. In many ways, you are and you aren't. And that's OK, P. I can see that if you were to easily jump back on board, it wouldn't be much for him to work at either. Things that are worth it, take work. And he may work at it if you make that possible while respecting your own feelings.

Who knows, you may work at it as well. Or as Toots mentions, you may just end up friends.

Don't fear the journey though. And don't over-think it smile

AJ

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" MLK
Put the glass down...
"Yesterday I was clever so I wanted to change the world
Today I am wise, so I am changing myself."