Thanks for setting up this thread, which I'm sure will be helpful to fellow DBers. I thought it might be good to have some suggested reading material on the thread. These are selected from a larger reading list over on the MLC part of the forum:

When Men Batter Women: New Insites into Ending Abusive Relationships - John M. Gottman

I Hate You–Don't Leave Me: Understanding Borderline Personality by Jerold J. Kriesman, Hal Straus

Stop Walking On Eggshells by Paul T. Mason

Why Is It Always About You, Saving Yourself From the Narcissistic In Your Life by Sandy Hotchkiss, LCSW

Nasty People: How To Stop Being Hurt By Them Without Becoming One of Them by Jay, Psy.D Carter

Controlling People, How To Recognize, Understand, and Deal With People Who Try to Control You by Patricia Evans

Stop Being Manipulated by George H. Green, Ph.D., Carolyn Cotter, MBA

In Sheep's Clothing, Understanding And Dealing With Manipulative People by George K. Simon, Jr., Ph.D.

How To Hug a Porcupine: Dealing with Toxic and Difficult to Love Personalities - Dr. John Lund

Last edited by Toots; 06/14/15 07:36 PM.

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus