Originally Posted By: Jefe
I learned to let go and let her be her. To stop trying to control and change her into what I want and just love her for who she is.

I learned to let go and let God run the show.

I learned that I need to take the focus off me and put it on the people I love.

I learned if you constantly think negative thoughts about a person or situation that's all you'll be left with after a while.

I learned that if I have a need I should ask for it and not manipulate, control, or withdraw to force people to serve me.

I learned that unconditional love is just that, unconditional.

I learned that God really can and will restore things if you have faith and trust that He knows best.

I learned that if one of us is unhappy it is up to both of us to fix it. We're in this together. This is a "Joint and Several Covenant" meaning we are both equally 100% responsible for this marriage. The only thing split 50/50 around here is the pizza on pizza night.

Above all, I learned that my wife, after God, is the most important thing in my life. That I should NEVER take her or our marriage for granted again. That we have to wake up every single day and choose to love each other again and again. We took vows to Love, Honor, and Cherish. You actually have to do those things. Do them with no expectations of getting anything in return.

And this just scratches the surface.

No matter what happens if you can stick with this, you will be successful in life.

Last edited by labug; 04/13/15 04:39 PM.

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss