Lol, thanks Train.

So last nights get together with friends was fun. As predicted, they all made up for my alcohol abstinence! What started out as 6 of us ended up as about 20 of us all playing drunken board games. Everyone bought some nice food, and we had a good laugh which is always the best medicine.

The host put some background music on, which of course turned out to be an assorted medley of W and I's greatest hits throughout the years (I'm wondering if music will be ruined forever for me right now). I tuned out as best I could as I didn't want to sit there in remembrance.
All in all, a fun night though.

It's a sunny, if not slighly chilly day so I'm off out on my bike today to get some mileage under my belt. I'm trying to organise to meet up with all my kids tomorrow to go out for dinner. As my S20 is at Uni, it's not often we all get to be together. W has an open invite to come, though I doubt she will.
I would like her to but it's her loss if she doesn't.

NC this week except for one email I sent her relating to S13. No response, but one wasn't required as such. I was factual and friendly but not overly so.

Funny thing the other night I didn't mention. I was getting ready to go out when my phone rings and I see it's my MIL who I haven't spoken to at all since this happened. We are close, but I don't want to put her in any sort of compromising position..her first allegiance is quite rightly to her daughter's happiness. I say hello and she asks "who is this?".
I say it's Barry, and I swear I can hear her recoil from the phone in shock. I immediately said that she didn't have to continue the call if she didn't want to (she did) but I did ask how she came to call me by accident? I'd sent her a text over Christmas regarding the death of her dog, just saying sorry to hear about it, thinking of you, but didn't put my name as she obviously has my name and number in her phone. She said she got the text, but that my name didn't come up. I was so close to saying "yes, that's what happens when you delete a number!", but didn't.

She was kind and understanding on the phone, told me that she knew I don't want this etc, and that no matter what, I will always be her SIL. She said if she had to design a SIL from scratch, she'd come up with me (I'm thinking, please tell your daughter this, but don't voice it).
She said I can visit her whenever I want to, which I may well do. Not to find out what I can or "get her on side", she's not your typical battle-axe MIL and has been more like a real mum to me for 20 years.

I had a thank you text from my SIL this morning, I'd sent a card and some money to my niece who is 3 today. Also not spoken to her either for the same reasons as above. She said she would call me in the week which will be nice. We're actually a really close family, which just makes all this worse right now. Half your family support network suddenly disappears or feels to awkward to talk.

Barry

Me 40 W 38
T 23 M 21
S21 S19 D16 S14
BD 19/12/2014
D mentioned 27/2/2015.
I filed 08/04/2015, D Absolute 04/11/2015