Originally Posted By: Puppy Dog Tails
Quote:
I've not thought about a no-contact letter. Can you elaborate? What would be the stipulations of such a letter?
Something like this:

Here is an example of a No Contact Letter:

Dear [put name here],
The relationship I had with you was thoughtless and cruel. It hurt many people, particularly my spouse, who did not deserve to be treated that way. I am committed to my marriage and determined to make up for all the hurt Ive caused my family. I am going to work hard to be the best husband/wife that he/she deserves.

Because of the terrible offense to my spouse and the damage I have done to our marriage, I am permanently ending all contact with you. Please respect my wish to regain my integrity, and to heal my family. Please also respect my wish that you not attempt to contact me in any way at any time.My spouse has all the details of our relationship and he/she will also be told of any attempts at contact.

Sincerely,

[name here]

It should be clear and straightforward, with no romantic flourishes. YOU, as the betrayed spouse, need to approve the final copy, and YOU need to either deliver it or mail it to her OM, so that nothing is added, embellished, or taken away to "soften" it.

What type of transparency plan are you going to put in place? I would strongly suggest that it contain at least ONE intel channel that she does NOT know about, for obvious reasons.

"What is best for my kids is best for me"

Persevere = happily being patient over a long period of time