From Vineland in the MLC archives:

I highly recommend that if you can get the book from Peter O'Connor, Understanding the Mid-Life Crisis, that you get it and read it. It gives you a much deeper understanding of what they are going through.

There is also a part in there that give a deeper understanding of what a woman goes through when she goes into it. I can tell you this, it totally explained everything that I was feeling and exactly what I was going through when I was in mine.

You may think that people understand what they are going through as they are going through it, but they do not. You have no clue as to what you are dealing with or why you are having the feelings that you are having. After reading this book, I understand everything that I was going through. It helped me to realize that it was a normal process that everyone goes through. It cleared things up that for a very long time I didn't understand and felt guilty for. When you understand exactly what it is that you are going through and you realize that it is a part of life, you do not feel so guilty.

Yes, you feel guilty for some of the decisions that you made, but you do not feel guilty for going through something that is a very normal part of life. You do realize that there are others out there that are going through the same thing and you find comfort in that.

Please take the time to find the book and read the information that is in there. It will give you a better understanding of what the other person is going through.

Laurie

M38, H37
S3, S7
Together 15 yrs
Married 8 yrs
Bomb July 2008
Inhouse separation
"I hate you" "We are over" (too many times to count)
Reconciled Sept 2009 (still worth it)