Originally Posted By: minkerman
Originally Posted By: sgctxok
Originally Posted By: minkerman
I will say what worked for me, not what is working wink

The biggest thing that changed my W's perception of who she "thought" I was...

I started acting like a decisive, confident man. Like the way I was when we met 30 years ago, and that I somehow lost. I had turned into a boring, wussy, approval-seeker! ACK! Looking back, I don't know how I got there, but I did. I'm ashamed of my former self.

I used the DR book as my bible. I was the poster child.

I also signed up for DB coaching, and it was fabulous.

Over the months that we were separated, I gradually started getting my own life, and I rediscovered myself, the REAL me.

I started playing guitar again, I started painting again, I went out with friends, and I actually asked a woman out on a date. One night my W and I went out for dinner and I told her I was done, that I was moving on.

The next day, my W asked if we could try again.

Since then, each day has pretty much been better than the last. I am more in love with her than ever, and she tells me she loves me all the time too. The desire, the affection, the touching...it's all back, in spades.

We are going through the uncomfortable (for her especially) process of reconnecting with our friends now.

So that's my story, so far.

Keep it up folks, and here's my last gem of wisdom. The Number 1 thing you have to do is:
BE CONSISTENT.

THIS IS WONDERFUL!!!!

We often forget that consistent part!!!
Just checking in to say, we are still going GREAT!

A couple of hiccups, but we actually TALKED our way through them.

Good luck to all!!!

M

YEAH!!! That's as good as it gets, M!!!

Keep on keepin' on....AND GIVING ADVICE!!!

sg
Love is PATIENT, love is KIND, LOVE never fails / DB since 2001