Here's a helpful tip from David

A method I have used is to allot only a certain time each day to the "situation". I only think in a concentrated manner about my wife when I run. I try to limit my thinking to costructive thoughts only. You know, like how would I feel if I were her, putting myself in her place so I will be in a mental state to empathize with her rather than present my own needy feelings. Anytime during the day that my mind begins go to my situation I immediately switch to a part of myself that I am trying to develop. For instance, if my mind wanders to what my wife may be doing or thinking I try to take a physically active step towards something upon which I am working. I will usually go hug my son for no reason whatsover. I am working on showing more love. So instead of allowing my mind to go where it shouldn't, I take a physical (a physical activity occupies both the mind and the body) action in the direction of an area in which I wish to improve. If I can't do the physical action, I will always do a mental action.

This has worked for me very well but it has taken time to develop my mind to switch in such a manner.

You may wish to try this. Let me know if it works or share anything with me that you may come up with.

David

JJ

Read about Divorce Busting« Telephone Coaching here!