Jeff...Seems like your W is trying hard to be nice now that you have become distant. It's funny how the tables have turned. I remember when you were the one trying to be nice to her.
Quote:
Even if she were, I have no desire to take her back any longer.
You are hurt and it is natural to feel this way right now. You have now put up walls around you and closed your heart for fear of getting hurt again so you have buried those feelings you once had but I know they are still there. That is okay. Do what feels right for you right now. As in many cases, the LBS eventually becomes the WAS. I've seen this so many times and wonder how many M could be saved if we all didn't let pride get in the way.

Saying that you have no desire to take her back ANY LONGER means you can predict how you will feel in the future. Do not let resentment and anger set in for too long as it will only affect the way YOU feel and may hurt other R you will have.

Quote:
I choose not to associate with a person who is intentionally hurting me and my kids.
I do not believe she intentionally wants to hurt you and the kids that is why she wants it to appear as though everything is great. Yes, she wants her cake and eat it too. She wants her freedom and yet wants a sense of family when it suits her. Yes, she is getting everything she wants right now and she is comfortable because she knows you are still waiting for her. Would she still feel the same if there was a FF sitting with you watching your son's game?

You are the better person by not causing conflict as it will only hurt the kids if you were not treating their mother with respect.

You are doing well and only time will tell what the future holds. Let God unfold his plan.

Hugs,
ISLH

Me: 49 - S22 & S26
H: 41 - No kids
M: 10/00
Bomb New Year's Day 2006
H living w OW 01/07; have baby 12/07
D final 07/07
Thread #9 - Hope Lives On