Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
D
DnJ Online
D
Good Morning MA

Thank you for sharing your hard-earned wisdom.

I agree STBXH is still baking, still has a ways to go. His crisis, his timeline. I do hope he finds his way.

Originally Posted by MA1970
We met the other week & he was crying saying he feels he has nothing to show for the past 27 years and that he's stepped back in time (he's living in a studio flat, unfurnished, sleeping on a mattress). When we met, his circumstances were similar.

It is amazing how they recreate their past, how they time travel. Needing to grow up from back when they were emotionally stunted.

My XW did the same thing as from when she was 18 - recreating her exodus from her parents. Even forgetting her purse - again. Running off with her boyfriend, living that sought freedom of a teenager. Pretty wild stuff. Of course, the original time, decades ago, I was the boyfriend. smile

Congratulations on the weight loss. And for keeping it off. My divorce diet had me traumatically shed a bunch of pounds from my pre-BD of 225lbs down to 170lbs ish. I bounced back up to 190, and have managed to remain mostly around there. My hair is not bouncing back. lol.

Let go the rope, or be dragged. Yes, that is a difficult lesson. Applicable to plenty beyond our situations here.

It's a funny thing because a year ago, all I wanted was for him to be as he is now. I actually think I would prefer him to still be with AP because I'd know he was OK. I hate to see him suffering…

I'm on speaking terms with STBXH & we've met, discussed what happened and I've shared a few truth bombs. I've not shared anywhere near the amount of hurt he has caused because I don't think he could take it. He's so ashamed at what he's done.

Absolutely, he could not take it.

I understand you almost preferring he was still with AP.

Some advice, well reiterating some previous advice (which I believe you are doing): Let him walk his path. Do not manipulate his path or journey. STBXH needs to feel his pains, needs to find his way. Anything you do in attempt to speed or steer would be at best - neutral, more likely will stall him, and at worst derail him.

Also, manipulation burdens, unwittingly burdens, one with responsibility of outcome. You definitely do not want his progress/outcome upon your shoulders.

Perfectly fine to be on speaking terms with him. Even supportive and encouraging, kind and cordial. You can see how broken he is.

You didn’t break him, therefore you cannot fix him.

Wonderful hearing from you. Hoping you have a great weekend.

D

Feelings are fleeting.
Be better, not bitter.
Love the person, forgive the sin.
1 member likes this: MA1970
K
K
MA1970 = Legend 😎

2 members like this: MA1970, Rockon
R
R
So good to hear from you MA. What else is new ? Theatre arts? Family? Vacations? Work?

M:52 W: 51
T:27 M:25
D26 S24 S21 D20
BD:2022
1 member likes this: MA1970
M
MA1970 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thank you DnJ, Kind & Rock, you've all been a big part of this journey.

DnJ - once again you are so wise. It's taken me a few days to reply because I've had a few more days of craziness. This happens infrequently now but is generally connected with when he goes back to pursuing the OW. Your perception & understanding is unreal DnJ. I met STBX a few days ago. He was regretful, insightful, thoughtful & I had a message on the night telling me how worthless he was etc. I was hooked back in quickly & jumped in with kind words to try & make him feel better. A few messages down the line, he was asking me when the money would come through for the buy out & that he thought it would be easier on me if this happened before the divorce was finalised!! My son then informed me STBX had changed his profile pic to one of him & the original OW. Sigh!!! More twists!! Took me a day before I unhooked myself. It was never about wanting him back, it was about how he makes me feel worthless & that our marriage meant nothing to him. I know this isn't the case. He's still in the fog, still a teenager & still confused. I'm not convinced he'll be able to do the inner child work & it doesn't matter to me. I will continue to be kind and forgiving but will also watch out for getting hooked in to caring for him. As my lovely friends & family point out, he knows my weaknesses & knows what to say that activates the caring side of me. I just need to get better at spotting it earlier!

Rock - My GAL activities are on track! I walk 4 x per week, I have always been a family cook but am practicing cooking more adult social recipes. I have my girlfriends round at least once a month where I attempt my social cooking. I've joined a singing group & am having private singing lessons with the aim of being able to belt out a karaoke tune by the end of the year! I have a girls holiday booked in Europe in May, a family holiday with mum & dad, sister, kids etc in July & a holiday to Dubai with my daughter in August. My son is volunteering football coaching in an Italian school for a month in the summer & I'm going to solo travel to spend a few evenings with him. I continue to work on my independent confidence and am feeling good. Hope all is well for you too

H - 52 Me -53
M - 20yrs T - 26 yrs
S 19, D 16
2 members like this: Rockon, DnJ
P
P
Oh Ma so awesome to hear from you! You are absolutely killing it girl!!! So proud of you and love your update. Maybe I should do the same although not a huge amount to update on here
MLC really is not much fun. These people really are lost

M:41 H:48
T:20. M:16.5
BD: 15/12/22 -moved out 17/3/2023
2 members like this: Rockon, DnJ
M
MA1970 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks Pattnee, you're right. MLC is an absolute killer. Hats off to those who stay in there for the duration. I just haven't got it in me.

H - 52 Me -53
M - 20yrs T - 26 yrs
S 19, D 16
D
DnJ Online
D
Good Morning MA

You’ve definitely got GAL going really well. Cooking, travelling, seeing family and friends, inspiring your kids, awesome! I especially like:

am having private singing lessons with the aim of being able to belt out a karaoke tune by the end of the year!

Fantastic!

D

Feelings are fleeting.
Be better, not bitter.
Love the person, forgive the sin.
2 members like this: Rockon, MA1970
S
S
It's a funny thing because a year ago, all I wanted was for him to be as he is now. I actually think I would prefer him to still be with AP because I'd know he was OK. I hate to see him suffering but equally, I've learned that our relationship wasn't the perfect relationship I thought it was. We were completely codependent. I mothered him, he didn't take on any responsibility & was dependent on me for most things. On my part, I felt adored (until I wasn't!) & was willing to put up with a banal existence because I felt safe & secure (meanwhile resentment was breeding on both sides).

This hits home with me. I'm far enough out that I can see how I indulged her in some positive ways (loving and accepting her despite her feeling inadequate due to her many years of obesity) and some negative ones (indulging her blatant fiscal irresponsibility, despite giving her chance after chance to improve). I got the adoration in return too, which felt great until it stopped, and I passively accepted that she had two jobs that were bring prioritized over me. I think not dealing with that was a mistake on my part, although if I had complained she probably would have said I was too controlling.

So glad to hear you're moving forward on all fronts, MA. Hopefully not being pulled around by him and his drama will be a relief to you. All blessings going forward.

Me 59 W 47
T 26 M 23
S18, S14
BD May 2023
D filed June 2023
OM1 confirmed: December 2023
OM2 confirmed: October 2023
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard