Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
A
AndrewP Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by job
Do you eat food and/or drink stuff that has a high sodium content?
I eat very little packaged for convenience food. Even the butter I use is unsalted. My son was shocked with S moved in and brought her salted butter on how much better everything tasted. I kept a separate dish for myself. My salt intake has probably gone down since mid-October when she essentially moved out as there is little convenience or take-out food here.

I'm 99% sure that it's just plain lack of sleep and stress. I did actually get an almost decent night's sleep last night. Woke up once around 2:30 and didn't check my phone. I'm trying harder on that. My eyes are raw though and I know my brain is sluggish.

What a heck of a day. Got chewed out by the operations manager this morning for legitimate reasons, dealt with logistics issues from the barber shop, juggled multiple crisis plus the whole - trucks gotta move - thing all day. We're having some issues balancing production with demand and that has resulted in a fairly significant crisis - not of my making per se because that part of the responsibility hasn't ended up in my lap - yet - but one I need to deal with. We were obliged to let one of our tanks go below the normal minimum level so I had to figure out where to send the lower quality product.

One of my big struggles right now is with the fact that customers aren't sending back their returnable containers. Even the cheap ones have a deposit of $70 on them and there are probably well over 100 out there with a $1700 deposit on them that just aren't coming back. I've chewed through my replacement inventory twice and had to explain to a few customers that - we'd love to give them product - but first send back the blasted empty containers so we can fill them!

Sigh

It may be unsurprising to some that I'm actually having fun. It's stressful and difficult but I am being challenged each and every day to do better. And I actually think that I am but know that I have a looong way to go. I still haven't figured out how to fit the hours I use to do this job into the hours that I'd like to do it in.

The railcar orders I had to do I was pleased that the last set I did actually worked out. I ended up spending time on the phone with the railway to make sure it did but it did. I did up today's order and only was called out on one thing which actually was just a difference of opinion on how one of the rail cars would be used. Now I need to work on sleeping through when the trains arrive and shift the cars around and only check AFTER I have slept.

One thing that continues to amaze me is how much you can accomplish if you just appear to be competent. Mind you, most people get through this world thinking that they are faking it. I've ordered hundreds of metric tonnes of hazardous chemicals, shifted nearly a million tonnes of rail traffic in recent times based on just knowing the right things to say to the right people. I do promise to not use my powers for evil.

---

We appear to be going back down into lockdown here again in Upper Lower Middle Kanukistan. Some people are going out for one last fling which to me is a WTF moment. We are locking down because the spread of COVID is too high so why not just do what you can as soon as you can?

I'm a bit disappointed because I had actually reached out to "C" to see about getting together for a drink and visit in a couple of weeks which will turn out to be in the middle of the current lockdown. No harm, no foul. Regardless of any romantic intentions - which are not completely off the table - I quite like her as a person and it would be nice to visit. She seemed to share my interest in getting together as well but not in the intense stalker-ish sort of way that she was right after her split from her ex.

Well - of the 300+ emails that came in today and the 60 that I've still not read, I think it's time to have some dinner. Hasselback potatoes (thanks DnJ) and steak. Might fry up some mushrooms too. After dinner I need to check the docket for tomorrow's deliveries (yes some customers are paying a premium for a holiday delivery) and see what needs to be done tonight vs tomorrow. And then - cuddles with Monty.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
job Offline
Time for a new thread! Please link both threads together (I'm leaving this one unlocked so that you can link your new one to this one).

Wishing you and your family, Monty included, a Happy Easter!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
A
AndrewP Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by job
Time for a new thread! Please link both threads together (I'm leaving this one unlocked so that you can link your new one to this one).

Wishing you and your family, Monty included, a Happy Easter!
The same to you and your family job. Thanks again for watching over us.

New thread time
The rebuilding continues. It's said that "Rome wasn't built in a day" but history tells us that the Visigothic sack of Rome took roughly three days in 410 AD when Alaric came to town.
https://www.divorcebusting.com/foru...flat&Number=2917415&#Post2917415

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard