Gerda,

Yes, I did suggest some ways that meet ups can take place. However, when setting up meet ups, you can't be too specific in what you are wearing, time, flights, etc. We have had people set up meet ups that were very savvy in doing so, whereby it was difficult for readers to figure out what was going on and the when and where of the meet up. My concern was that there was a bit more info that was posted on the threads concerning logistics and anyone could have figured out where the meet up was taking place and been there to see who you and Grace were. Safety is the most important thing when meeting up w/people IRL for the first time. You do not know who is reading the threads and could cause trouble for those meeting up. You can't be too careful these days.

When posters post a message for the moderators within their threads, we do not necessarily see the message for a while because we are not reading each and every thread every day. It is best to hit the "report" button and state what you need done in the way of editing, deleting, etc. Cadet and I both get the messages and can resolve the issues very quickly. That is why it is important to hit the "notify" button and not leave messages for us within the threads. This is where my concern was with your particular meet up, i.e., info was sitting in the two threads for a while and then posting on the thread and asking me to delete the info rather than hitting the "report" button for a quick response.

Just to let you know...Cadet and I do not have access to email and IP addresses for posters. The Administrator is the one that notifies us when someone needs help off line or we have duplicate IP addresses. They keep all of this stuff under lock and key for the safety of our posters.

When things were a bit different here, many of our posters set up FB accounts, whereby they could connect off line. Some use their User IDs from here and others will use other names, etc. that are easy identifiers. In fact, there use to be a DB FB page whereby many of the posters hung out. This is one platform that is used by many from all of the forums on this Board, myself included.

I wish you only the best and I do hope that things will quiet down for you and your family during Lent. I look forward to reading about your life and how things are going once Lent is over.

New Thread:

Brave Little Gerda Knows More Now

Last edited by job; 02/16/21 02:57 PM. Reason: added link to new thread

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.