Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
T
T
Originally Posted by KitCat
I'd love to work out but not when its 82 degrees in my house. Trying some new things today... If it doesn't cool off soon I'm going to be soaking in an ice cold bath!

I feel that! I switched my jogging schedule to the evenings (8:30 pm) due to the omnipresent daytime heat. In my neck of the woods, the heat wave's ending this weekend, and I can't wait! I hope it's the same for you.

Originally Posted by KitCat
But, no... I don't think so... unless she made an appointment at the office.

Originally Posted by AS
KC, if I understand your comments correctly then you are a vet? If so then yes, care for the pup! Don't do it for H, do it for the pup. But have him bring it to your office, treat it just like you would any other "patient".

If you must treat the puppy, treating it like business sounds like a solid way to put good boundaries in place and maintain them, as you would with OW's dog. How much would you charge OW or a random person that had a dog who'd eaten a balloon (assuming he's coming to you because you're a great veterinarian and not because he can again use you for free, or as a way to maintain contact)?

K
KitCat Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Of course if I treat the puppy he has to bring to my office.

H is probably using me for 1) he knows I'm bonded to the puppy, and 2) its free or nearly free (he already knows I'm great at my job - he has been with me 10yr!)

H would never use this as a way to maintain contact.

(I had to sit and have a long talk with myself over what was best for the puppy --- I had to sit there and say "self" do not give this man this puppy if you think its a way to stay in touch with him... that is no good. If you let this puppy go you can never ever ever text him to see how puppy is doing.)

Despite what an A Hole he is right now - I wouldn't charge him anything beyond what it costs me. Why? I don't know. Its not a way to "win" him back. Its because I know deep down if I had a water heater emergency on a Saturday he would go pick one up and install it immediately. Not that I would be asking - I just know that he would.

Take it one day at a time. Unless puppy ate huge pieces of latex balloon he should be doing better in 24hr and I won't have to see him or hear anymore about it.

MOVING ON.... ROLLING ON DOWN THE HIGHWAY... smile

job Offline

Last edited by job; 05/27/20 08:20 PM. Reason: added link to new thread

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard