Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
K
kas99 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I come here looking for support. I need it desperately. Yesterday I didn't shower, didn't get off the couch, didn't cook, nothing. I ordered pizza which is BAD because I need every dollar I can get. I have savings but that is for legal fees. I was doing okay GAL and DB'ing until I found out everything he said was a lie (2 weeks ago) so it's another BD. Put yourself in my shoes how would you feel if you found out your WAS left you for someone else AND got a promotion while you struggled to make ends meet and were none the wiser?

I'm not an emotional person.. Even after he left I began thinking about how I was going to protect myself financially. I removed all the financial documents from the house and hired an attorney within 2 weeks. I filed for temporary support but WAH was paying me and our bills so I put the hearing on hold. Yes I was trying to nice him back but I was also prepared to file/respond. I filled out all the documents including the financial affidavit. I was ready. WAH wouldn't screw up his credit so as long as his name was on the lease he'd make sure the rent got paid.

After he cancelled the lease I sent him an email (choosing my words carefully) asking "how much support do you WANT to pay" since at this point there were no court orders. When he replied a number I knew I'd probably have to get attorney's involved so there was no point talking to him. Decided I'd move first taking as many belongings as I wanted before making a decision as to what to do next.

In October he paid me the usual plus he reimbursed me for my deposit. I knew he was financially struggling so I cut him some slack since I did move 2 weeks sooner and left him with a few more bills than he expected but by November I'd know what his next move was. His first check was the usual and I was disappointed. It was at that point that I figured he wouldn't change anything thinking "kas didn't respond" so he was off the hook until I asked for more. I took a wait and see approach because I hadn't gotten the 2nd check yet but I was not optimistic so I began mentally preparing to file before the end of the year. I really wanted to hang in there and not file but truthfully I knew that likely wasn't an option due to establishing a status quo. If he could prove I didn't need alimony I'd be screwed. Finding out about the OW just pushed up when I was going to file by a few weeks so this wasn't an emotional decision. Yes I'm beyond upset but filing was a good decision.

K
kas99 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I've got to be getting close to needing to start a new thread. I'm a mess today and need to get these thoughts out of my head. If I'm doing this wrong or too soon please forgive me.

https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=newpost&Board=20

Last edited by kas99; 11/25/19 03:53 PM.
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard