Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
I
I
Hey T - good to hear from you. Happy New Year!

I know our situations are quite different (I am approaching 1 year IHS), but I very much relate to the loneliness aspect of what you are dealing with.

To be honest it feels like my wife physically died about 17 months ago. I imagine this is similar to what it must feel like to have a spouse die, at any rate. The person who is living in my house with me right now is a depressed withdrawn shell of her former self. Occasionally she may speak for a minute or two - but it is more like I would imagine it would be if I was being haunted or visited by a ghost of someone I used to know who passed away.

It is very sad.

I try to push it from my thoughts, successfully most days, but when you spend 20 plus years with someone, invariably something will happen during the day that will remind you of them. GAL is great, but it does happen.

It is very hard, man. It is ok to feel that way. Sometimes you have to - I don't think it's healthy to ignore what you are feeling completely, but at the same time it's also important not to wallow in it.

Please keep posting when you can - you've helped me a great deal with your words and advice. Maybe I can return the favor one day smile

Take care smile

T
OP Offline
T
Thank you, AS. I always appreciate your input.

Regarding the gym, I typically lift weights for 45 minutes and then follow that with 45 minutes of cardio. I also meal prep as well.

One of the hard things for me is my friends are almost all middle aged, and married with small children. Trying to get them out of the house to go hang out with a newly single guy is challenging.

I will look into some other hobbies in the meantime.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard