Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#93540 11/21/02 05:11 AM
Michele Offline OP
OP Offline
HI Michelle! Sorry i haven't came by to give you my story but here it is.(hope to see it in a book one day but posted on ADB will be great!): My name is Denise and I met my Husband 6 3/4 years ago. Our first year (prior to being married) was great, we got married Nov,20 1996. This for both of us was our 2nd marriage. I got pregnant soon after and then my Husband decided where we lived and his dream of being a Police ofc. were not being met. So he decided (with my support) to go to GA and become a PO. I was 5 months pregnant when he left(I was in KY at the time). Anyway to sum up the events, The baby was born with medical problems which delayed our MOVE to GA. When we finally got there I hated it and let him know that for the next 4 years! I was a bad person but always thought he would just stay around no matter how i treated him. Well he had enough and on Sept 2 2002 he dropped the bomb on me and said he would divorce me but would wait until after the holidays(?). My husband said that he loved me but wasn't 'In Love' with me any more. I was heartbroken and begged and pleaded with him not to do this to us and our family. He simply (and coldly) stated that he did'nt want me to change and that NOTHING would change his mind. He stated he was unhappy and the only way he could figure out if he wanted to be with me was to be completly seperated from me via a divorce! I found DR 3 days later and employed the LRT/180 approach. I immersed myself into your book and re-read it at least 5x. The first 30 days didn't see many babysteps but i kept my patience as you instructed and with the help of my new DBing friends online here on your website, i was able to get my Husband back! At first he was cold and aloof but over time he started to warm up. He would ask me "WHY" i was being so nice, and "WHERE" was the "OLD" denise. Things continued to get better with my husband talking and hanging out with me more. after another month of Improved Relationship i asked him (Nov 6) if he still wanted to divorce me, My husband replied "NO" and then i asked if he was just waiting until the New Year, and he replied "Definately NOT!" since then He tells me he loves me often, we hug and kiss and we are acting like Newlyweds again. I am so happy! I am 'In love' with my husband all over again! I never thought i could change my Marriage, I thought that divorce was unstoppable! BOY Michelle you certainly proved me wrong!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!! You helped save my marriage! And not only did you help save it you gave me the insight to make it Better PERMANENTLY!! I have purchased all your books now and I hope you will have future publications out. I will definately never take for granted what you have helped me find!
an update!!
Our 6th anniversary is today(NOV. 20th) and we have just recently had some interesting (if not scary) news! I am pregnant! This, of course, came about because of the new found love i have with my husband, thanks to you and your wonderful advice! I was terribly worried about telling my husband the news, i mean, gosh, we've just begun to have a new and better life together. What a huge bomb to drop on him so early on! The good news is my husband took it as i expected at first, which was not well, but has made a swift transition into acceptance and understanding. (maybey i should not have done this part but) i did offer him a out with Divorce if he thought it would be too much of a life change for him, But, he replied(quite quickly i might add)that is not a option he was going to take. Today he is making plans on enlarging our home with an addition to the house so that he will still have the office he desires and yet still make room for baby! I can't thank you enough Michele , and i am so grateful you took the time to write such a wonderful guide on marriage saving! Once again you have Another Divorce Busted under your belt!

The Divorce Buster
#93541 10/13/04 05:46 PM
^

JJ

Read about Divorce Busting® Telephone Coaching here!

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard