Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14
J
Jeff223 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Thanks Jenny, BBA, Sheila, Frank, WCW, Bill and Fig. Your prayers have been uplifting. Thank you.

My mom is still here. Stable. Her blood oxygen level went from 80 to 95 over the past few days which is good (has to be above 90 for her to even have a chance, the pneumonia cuts off the lung capacity) and her other tests are showing more normal, rather than low readings. But the pneumonia is still very critical. Wait and see.

Thanks again all. This is a great place.

Jeff

Current Thread
F
F
95 is good Jeff...do you know her 'FiO2'? percent oxygen she is breathing?
Oxygen.
Antibiotics.
Good docs.
And you.....

FIB

Me 55; XW 47; 2 kids (S13, D11)
Bomb 05/19/06 Original thread http://tinyurl.com/yg2ou2t
Last anniversary 04/25/10, Divorced 5/12/10
I
I
Hey Jeff,
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. So much to catch up on since returning from my vacation.

It seems to me that you just slipped and fell down off that mountain just a bit and that is okay, it happens. I see you are on your way back up there. I need company up here, you know. You have received a lot of good advice from so many who believe in you. How wonderful to be surrounded by so many wonderful friends.

I will just say that I do not feel that you are really ready to end this M. I don't think it is what you really want. Yes, as Nicola said you need to detach more and not be tied to the outcome. I find that since I've not been analyzing everything H is doing or allowing his reactions affect my feelings, it has helped ME to be more loving towards him and I don't expect anything in return.

As Sheila said, your W does not have the right to tell you how to feel; being loving, compassionate and wanting to save your M. You are an honourable man who wants the best for his family, we know it and she will too one day, just not now.

If you are still going to stand for your M, you must not initiate D. I think you will regret this, if not now, in the future. Of course, no one can tell you what to do, only you know.

Take care of yourself, your children and your Mom. Continue to work on you and live your life for YOU. Your W will notice the changes even if you think she isn't watching.

I know you are worried about your Mom and I will be praying for her and you. Keep the faith and know your friends are here with you.

(((((((((((((((((((((((Jeff))))))))))))))))))))

Thread #6 - Preparing for a New Year & New Beginning continues

Me: 49 - S22 & S26
H: 41 - No kids
M: 10/00
Bomb New Year's Day 2006
H living w OW 01/07; have baby 12/07
D final 07/07
Thread #9 - Hope Lives On
J
Jeff223 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
What a BIG hug ISLH. Thanks so much.

Journal:

My mom improved Tue and Wed and in fact was taken from intensive care and put in a room. She ate some solid food and she was talking up a storm. I was told she was out of the woods and the hospital even called me to discuss rehab plans after she gets discharged.

But today she took a major turn for the worse. The pneumonia is now getting worse and they found "some growth" on a CAT scan. Does not look good. Her treatment gets changed up tomorrow.

FIB: O2 level hovering 88-90 again. Not good.

Kind of like my M - I feel so hopeless and all I can do is pray.

I am alone here. W is interested but distant. She does not want to get close enough to comfort me in my time of need. I know her for 15 years, she is the mother of my two children, my mom called her the daughter she never had, my wife adored my mom. Now look.

Jeff

Current Thread
W
WCW Offline
W
Jeff, with all the strength of cyber support - ((((Jeff))))

Live your life while you are still living.
Riding the trail less traveled.
R
R
Quote:

Kind of like my M - I feel so hopeless and all I can do is pray.

I am alone here. W is interested but distant. She does not want to get close enough to comfort me in my time of need. I know her for 15 years, she is the mother of my two children, my mom called her the daughter she never had, my wife adored my mom. Now look.

Jeff,

I am praying for mom and your entire family. I pray God sends His peace.

RMG

"The bad things in life open your eyes to the good things you weren't paying attention to before." from "Good Will Hunting"

Jeff, I am sorry to hear about your mom's turn. My mom is an RN and her parish's nurse. She has a prayer for healing that she gives her patients, that I will share with you and your mom:

Loving and tender God, Touch my heart with hope,
Touch my mind with clarity, Touch my soul with peace,
And touch my body with warmth
Of your healing presence.
Grant me the courage to face the future,
Insight to understand life's trials,
Wisdom to discern how I can touch the lives of others,
And the comfort of people who care about me as I
Reach for your loving hands.
In Jesus' name,
Amen.

You continue to be in my prayers.

peace,
BA

I
I
BBA...That is so beautiful.

Jeff...You and your family will be in my prayers. If I wasn't so far away, I would be there to give you a big hug but know that I, along with others are here for you.
Know that He is watching over you right now.
(((((((((((Jeff)))))))))))

Me: 49 - S22 & S26
H: 41 - No kids
M: 10/00
Bomb New Year's Day 2006
H living w OW 01/07; have baby 12/07
D final 07/07
Thread #9 - Hope Lives On
F
F
Jeff....as we discussed....each of us has place still in our hearts for our W's. When they are not there to comfort us in times of pain or despair....there is a huge empty void. That Jeff, is when the 4 footprints in the sand change to 2.

But Jeff...look behind you...there aren't 2...there are 4, 6, 8, 10, 12......lost count. US Jeff.....me....ISLH...BBA...we're here. Perhaps not in body, but, in heart and soul.

Stay with your mom Jeff. Hold her hand. We love you. FIB

Me 55; XW 47; 2 kids (S13, D11)
Bomb 05/19/06 Original thread http://tinyurl.com/yg2ou2t
Last anniversary 04/25/10, Divorced 5/12/10
J
J
Jeff - I am happy that I found your thread once again but I am extremely saddened to hear about your Mom's illness. She will be in my prayers this weekend, as will you.

John S.
Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard