Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#79381 09/28/01 05:45 PM
Michele Offline OP
OP Offline
Here's a series of emails between me and an almost walkaway wife.
Dear Michele,
I'm been in your website a lot lately and found your articles very helpful and worth reading every word.

Here's my story: I want to divorce my husband of 16 years because I don't think that my husband loves me so I fell in love with another man, (my boss). After I told my husband about my feelings for my boss, he tried everything to win me back. He told me he did love me but didn't know how to show his affection. I do believe him but the problem is I'm so much and so deeply in love with my boss that I don't want to go back to my husband. I know it would hurt my husband tremendously if I divorce him. We have 3 kids together, 15, 10 & 7. If I go back to my husband it would only be because of the kids. I don't feel romantic towards my husband anymore. I don't know what to do.

Sally
Dear Sally,
I can't always answer my mail personally, but I want to answer yours.

I know you're having many doubts about your marriage right now. I also know that you have taken the time to visit my site and write me. That means that you know that leaving your marriage isn't something you really want to do, deep down inside. I understand that you have feelings for another man and that you question your feelings for your husband. I have worked with many couples in your situation. You need to know that things can change. Your feelings can come back. You need to read The Divorce Remedy and give yourself a chance. It's okay if you do it for your kids. That's a good start. I truly believe that it's possible for people to fall back in love. Give your kids a gift. Give your marriage another try.

Michele Weiner-Davis
Dear Michele,
Thank you for taking the time to answer my email. I'll take your advice to heart. I'm already in the process of moving to Boston with my husband from San Francisco. I'm hoping for a fresh start. After all, I've invested 16 years into this marriage.

Sally
Dear Sally,

You are one wise woman!

Michele

The Divorce Buster
#79382 11/19/01 02:28 AM
Michele Offline OP
OP Offline
^

The Divorce Buster
#79383 11/18/04 03:50 PM
^

JJ

Read about Divorce Busting® Telephone Coaching here!

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard