Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#70494 09/10/01 01:17 PM
Michele Offline OP
OP Offline
The Marriage Breakthrough Video Seminar

Transform your marriage in just six hours

Several times each year, I offer couples a down-to-earth, psychobabble-free skill-building seminar- The Marriage Breakthrough™-that changes their lives. At each seminar, couples ask me, “Why can’t you come home with us?” or “It would be great to have you as our personal coach, at home, when we need you.” Finally, I decided to do something that would make bringing my marriage-enriching advice home a reality. With a crew of nine- producer, cameramen, lighting and sound experts- we captured The marriage Breakthrough on tape. Now, you can attend this information-filled seminar in the privacy of your own home, at your convenience!

Who is The Marriage Breakthrough™ Video Seminar for?

This program is for you if:

1.You want to feel closer and more connected to your spouse
2.You want to save your marriage from the brink of divorce
3.You want to convince your spouse that your marriage is worth saving
4.You simply want to learn how to have a loving, lasting relationship

As many of you know, I have made it my life’s passion to help couples strengthen their marriages. from the many couples in my practice, I have learned what works and what doesn’t. The Marriage Breakthrough™ Seminar is filled with skill-building information that can help you make your relationship more loving. One of the real benefits of this seminar is its powerful message about the importance of working things out rather than getting out.

If you have been feeling desperate about your rocky relationship and your efforts to improve things have only pushed your spouse away, if you have been wishing that someone who knows about the pitfalls of divorce could talk sense to your spouse, don’t wait another day. Ask your spouse to do you one favor. Pop in this video and let me share what I know about why divorce doesn’t work and why marriages are worth saving. Shortly after the tape starts rolling, you will hear from a couple whose marriage was nearly over and how they rekindled their love using the skills I teach in the seminar. Then, learn the skills you need to make this happen in your own marriage. As you listen to couples in the video discuss their issues you’ll learn that, no matter what kinds of problems you’re experiencing, you and your spouse are not alone and that there are solutions waiting to be discovered.

Still wondering whether this program will benefit you?

Here are some things to consider:

Do you or your spouse feel that your relationship seems to take a back seat to everything else?
Has your spouse have "fallen out of love" with you?
Are you or your spouse feeling hopeless and considering separation or divorce?
Do you keep arguing about the same old subjects- money, sex, children, in-laws, housework, trust and so on- in a hurtful manner?
Do you feel angry, resentful, and taken for granted much of the time?
Do you wish your spouse would try to understand your point of view?
Do you or your spouse having a hard time letting go of the past?
Do you lead fairly separate lives and feel lonely?
Are you trying to reconcile after divorce?

But what if my spouse won’t watch this seminar?

It is often the case that one spouse is more motivated than the other to work on a marriage. This is normal. The tools taught in this video seminar are designed to be effective even if you watch alone. So, if your spouse refuses to join you, don't be discouraged, watch it alone anyway. You'll learn new methods for getting through to your spouse and starting a solution avalanche.

The Marriage Breakthrough™ Video Seminar includes:

-Four VHS video tapes which capture the full content of my day-long live marriage enrichment/divorce prevention seminar for couples, approximately six hours of content
-12 page booklet containing seminar outline and exercises that you and your spouse can complete to fully participate in the seminar.

Tell me more about the seminar

Let's face it. Falling in love is easy, staying in love is another matter. It's downright tough. And why shouldn't it be? We're not born knowing how to have successful relationships. Marriages don't come with instruction manuals. Marriage licenses are one of the few licenses people can get without an education. So how do you know what to do after we fall in love? We import the lessons about relationships that we learned as children into our marriages as adults. But many of us haven't had healthy role models. That's why we shoot from the hip, with lousy results. Having a great marriage isn't about choosing the right person, it's about doing the right things to keep love alive.

The good news is that research has taught us a great deal about what it takes to make love last. It takes skills, relationship skills. And the even better news is that these skills can be learned. You can learn how to communicate effectively. You can learn how to co-parent cooperatively. You can learn how to negotiate your differences about sex, money, in-laws, how free time is
spent, who does what around the house, how best to take care of your health and so on. You can learn how to fight fairly. You can even learn how to forgive your spouse for wrongdoings and let go of emotionally-damaging grudges.

But this is not to say that I don't understand the important role feelings play in relationships that work. In fact, I'm convinced that people won't practice the skills they learn unless their hearts are open. Therefore, throughout the skill-building day, I intersperse
engaging, inspiring, and humorous stories that touch people's hearts and breed a sense of forgiveness, acceptance and caring.

What people are saying about the seminar?

Below are comments taken directly off of our evaluation sheets that are completed at the end of the day. See for yourself how couples appreciate the learning that takes place in this one-day seminar.

"I thought we were at the point of 'too little, too late' - Now I know it’s not too late to re-open my heart.”

“Your seminar is terrific. I felt as if you had a video camera in our house !”

“Wonderful, thank you. Now I know we are not the only couple whose marriage changed when children came into our life. And now we know how to get our marriage back.”

“Thanks for giving us the positive fact that there are other solutions besides divorce. You gave us hope.”

“One of the most balanced approaches I have ever heard. Men and women both need to be celebrated. Both need to be listened to. Excellent seminar!"

“I learned that proactive solutions to anger, conflict and communication are within each of us.”

“This is the best seminar I’ve ever attended. Even my grouchy husband enjoyed it!'

“You have it nailed- working on solutions, not focusing on problems!”

"Your material is superb! Thanks!"

"Michele's style of communicating is extremely effective- fun, informative and gutsy!"

"Revolutionized my approach to people-helping" (Pastor)

Invest is a Marriage Breakthrough™ Video Seminar for a loved one- It will be a gift that lasts a lifetime!

For more information, click here:
The Marriage Breakthrough

The Divorce Buster
Michelle,

I just finished watching the Marriage Breakthrough Seminar tapes and I want you to know I think they were incredible. I honestly learned so much, and recognized the things my H and I have been doing for years that are so subtle, yet damaging.

My H of 15 yrs moved out 7 weeks ago due partly to MLC and the stress of a downhill ride with my diagnosis of Fibromyalgia and sudden poor health for 8 months. Neither of us coped well, he had a 3-4 month EA which has been over 3 months now.

I have grown, learned, and changed thanks to your books and this BB, my health is improving and I am in a good place emotionally and physically. H moving out actually was very beneficial for me, but he has not changed at all. H is still bitter, angry, miserable, and has numerous physical ailments. Our 2 kids are miserable, and one is having serious enough problems for me to seek a counselor but H refuses to acknowledge that he has anything to do with the changes in the kids.

He told me our marriage is over and is not interested in working on it. He has seen the positive changes in me. I have a thread called "Keeping PMA".

I would really like to give the tapes for H to watch because so many things hit close to home, especially the 3rd and 4th tape. I am not sure how to approach him without it appearing like pushing and him becoming defensive. He hasn't read DR, but I think asking him to do that would be too much.
So should I try to have him watch the tapes, and how do I approach him without it becoming ugly?

Thank you.

Michele Offline OP
OP Offline
MsBean,
Thank you so much for your kind feedback. I really do appreciate it and I'm delighted that so much of it rang true for you. I wish your husband weren't so bitter and that he was as open-minded as you. You sound like an incredible person dealing with lots of challenges.

As far as getting your husband to watch the tapes- you can try. Here's how to do it. Tell him that you watched them and found them helpful in explaining why things have been so tough for the two of you. Tell him that I have a no-nonsense approach to relationships that men seem to like a lot- (no touchy-feely stuff) I give people lots of ideas about things they can do differently to feel better about themselves and each other. You can also say that it might not work for your marriage, but you thought he might get something out of it anyway. (By the way, of course I believe it can help your marriage, I just don't want you to sound to optimistic or pushy.)

Then give him a tape. You can start from the beginning, or you can cue it up to the part you think he might really like or identify with.

However, keep in mind, the information you learned will be useful to you even if he never sees the tapes at all.

Hang in there and keep feeling better and better. Your kids will benefit from your strength.
Michele

The Divorce Buster
Michele,
Thanks for the advice, I will let you know how things turn out.

Michelle,

I just received your seminar tapes and book in the mail and I love them!!! I recommend these to everyone. I felt like I was truly at your seminar. I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for all that you do for all of us. I wish I had known about this site when my husband left. I feel like I have so many friends that I am not alone. I have so much faith in my husband and my marriage thanks to you.

Sally

GOD HEALS HURTING MARRIAGESwww.rejoiceministries.org
Michele,

I have read both of your books and I would very much like to attend the seminar in Chicago in a couple of weeks with me husband. He moved out the beginning of January and filed D papers the end of March. Everything is happening so very quickly and I feel powerless to even slow things down. I have only asked him for an opportunity to examine the possibilities, which could include your seminar. So far he has been unwilling to agree to attend. I have 2 teenage boys who are suffering because of their fathers actions. I have asked him to read the part of your book on infidelity and MLC. I keep hoping that something will eventually make sense to him. Any suggestions you could offer about getting him to attend the seminar would be appreciated.

Bailee

Living in Limbo
Michele Offline OP
OP Offline
Bailee,
As a rule, as most people around here know, pressuring a reluctant spouse to do something for the marriage doesn't often work and can even backfire somewhat. So, you have to be careful in how you approach this. I have 2 suggestions.

You can say, "Look, I know you've filed for divorce and that you want to end this marriage. I get that. But after ____(fill in the blank) years of marriage, I am asking you one favor, even if it's a departing favor. Come with me to this seminar. You won't have to talk about your thoughts or feelings in public. All you will have to do is listen and talk to me from time to time. I know you have your heart set on leaving, but I think you can do this last thing for me. It will help me get closure."

Tell him you will set everything up and all he has to do is show up.

If he doesn't want to join you, you can come alone. Many people do that. It can be helpful.

Also, one other thought. If he won't commit to coming to the seminar, you can consider purchasing the Marriage Breakthrough seminar videotape and see if you can get him to commit to watching it with you and doing the exercises.

Hope this helps and hope to see you and many other DB members there!
Michele

The Divorce Buster
Michele,

Thanks for the input, however, my husband of 22+ years isn't willing to attend the seminar. He has agreed to see a MC who is solutions based, but he wants no talk of marriage counseling only to talk about better communication as we progress through the D process. I will continue to hope and work toward reconciliation. It seems I have really done things all wrong, hopefully I can learn from my mistakes and make positive progress.

I am an optimist and always hopeful. Hopefully he will see the changes and find that there is still something to believe in.

Thanks,
Bailee

Living in Limbo
^

Michele Weiner-Davis
The Divorce Busting Center

Transform your marriage with a private 2-day intensive with Michele Weiner-Davis. http://www.themarriageintensive.com
Email michele@divorcebusting.com
Hi Michele,
Your My Hero. I'v been making new friends here the last month or so, but still get discouraged easly. I kicked my wife out after several internet affairs, At first she wanted to come back but now she's wanting A D, so she can marry OM, ASAP! I spent several hours at several bookstores, Decided that DB was the best for me.
After reading it I looked for anything about you online, now here I am. If it wasn't for this place, I'd be about hopeless now. My wife and I are seeing A theropist, but I'll she'll say is she wants D right away. Does A situation like this sound hopeless? She's planning on leaving to another state, once D is final. I would Do anything to have you as my theropist. This is the next best thing. I do plan on doing a phone session, but how can you pay for it with no credit card? Is there another waying of doing this?
Thanks again for having this wonderful life-Saving
board for all of to feel we belong and have people who care becouse they are in the same situations. This is so important to have when we feel so lost and lonely!
Terry-

Love!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard