Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
job Offline
As Cadet mentioned, things will look much clearer without those rose colored glasses. Sounds like his mind is still a tangled mess of wires misfiring. His attention span is still that of a gnat. He can't focus on a conversation for very long. He is still a lost soul and is trying to find himself. Try to think of him as a teenager. Their thought processes can go a mile a minute and still be sitting there having conversations that are shallow.

Adios, you have grown by leaps and bounds. You have gotten stronger since all of this started and for now, your man/child is still out there in the woods searching for himself.

Leave the rose colored glasses on the counter. Sit quietly and more will be revealed in time.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
1 member likes this: DnJ
A
Adios Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Rose coloured glasses have been stepped on and destroyed. No chance they will work again. 🙂. I was invited out again last week and went, despite saying I didn’t think I would meet him again. It was similar to the other recent meetings and I’m a bit surprised at the increased frequency. I don’t think it means anything but I am somewhat curious if he is moving into another stage or closer to the end. Not that I want it to come to anything for us. It is a bit fascinating though, to observe things I was told or read about way back when he was deep in and I was a mess.

1 member likes this: job
job Offline
Continue as you have been doing. It's okay to try to guess where he is at in his crisis, but I wouldn't keep my focus on that. He'll bounce back and forth through the anger right up to acceptance for quite some time. Depression will be there and yes, it is the main ingredient of his crisis.

Treat him as you would a friend and keep conversations casual. The more you listen, the more he will tell on himself.

Good luck!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard