Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
L
L
So I can see both sides of this depending on the type of person you are. If you are someone like Don or myself you can see where it goes and no harm no foul. Someone like BF doesn’t want to waster her time with someone who disrespects her time or needs. Neither is right or wrong because we all know people are different.

It would be nice G to see you walk the walk one time. You want connection, you want someone exited to see you, you need deep conversations etc.. which is all great by the way. Just once with a guy you really like (not some boob) I would like you to say “this isn’t working for me”. I promise you if he’s really into you he will get his $hit together.

To do this you have to believe you are with it.

2 members like this: Mach40, Taz
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I have said “this isn’t working for me” with multiple men. Multiple times, even when they tried to come back a second or third time.

I have walked the walk. When this isn’t working for me, he will know and I will move on. Even hockey guy I told him when it wasn’t working for me and I walked away.

I think the difference is what makes me walk away. I know what it is and when it’s right for me. That differs for everyone.

I walk the walk all the time

L
L
Originally Posted by Ginger1
I think the difference is what makes me walk away. I know what it is and when it’s right for me. That differs for everyone.
For sure G everyone is different and that what makes the world an interesting place.

Yeah you walked away from hockey guy after twice being used for several months which is growth for sure. Interesting you found him of having a great soul but yeah I guess everyone's different.

Now is time for more growth. You're late, cancel dates, and ignore the questions I ask you. That doesn't work for me. Then you walk and never look back unless he is willing to correct those behaviors. This is the tough and scary part. My last GF did it and I respect the $hit out of her for doing it. I know easier said then done but that is when you will finally get what you want from a guy. If not we will continue down this road.

Does keeping dates, being on time and answering questions sound like an unreasonable request? I won't even get into the whole texting thing. If it does then we are all f'd in this world.

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Just to clarify, he never actually cancelled on me. One time he had to pick up his son and was going to be late and I chose to cancel because it was too late for me. Second time he had to cancel the actual plans we had because he forgot he had his sons high school meet and greet night. We still saw eachother, but yup, he missed the actual thing we had planned. I would feel like a real jerkoff for not cutting him slack for his kids stuff. I’ve been guilty of forgetting things like that until the last minute, and I have grace for what I hope someone would give me the same grace for.

Now, if he were to do it again tonight, I would tell him it doesn’t work for me. The reasons why make a difference. But a 3 rd time for the same reason in a short period of time I will not fly. Doesn’t work for me.

And just an FYI, hockey guy ended it with me first, I ended it with him second time. I decided when it wasn’t working for me anymore and put the nail in the coffin

L
L
Enough of me did Sir Flakealot show up/ on time yesterday?

LH19 #2942553 01/19/23 08:11 PM
S
S
Incidentally, I had a cocktail with lemon honey ginger syrup this weekend. Couldn't help but think of you and LH. They went surprisingly well together.

B
B
LH is the lemon, right?
wink

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
LH19 #2942582 01/20/23 01:00 PM
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by LH19
Enough of me did Sir Flakealot show up/ on time yesterday?

I’ve decided to keep my love life private, sorry

L
L
Originally Posted by Ginger1
I’ve decided to keep my love life private, sorry
You are getting wiser G money lol.

My bet is he showed but late. Did I ever tell you that was a major point of contention in my marriage? We were always late for everything.

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
You can bet, but you’ll never know !!!!

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard