Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
G
G
Honestly, I’m not a germaphobe. I’m believe we need a level of exposure, which is why I have a solid immune system and don’t even get a cold. However, I do know from my profession that another way to avoid not getting sick is to not swap droplets directly with someone who is actively sick. That’s just some basic science. Looks like he spends time with her while she is sick, there isn’t any mouth on mouth contact. Which is smart.

1 member likes this: Mach40
M
Mach40 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by DonH
Originally Posted by Mach40
Originally Posted by Ginger1
I thought he did kiss her?

I understand not swapping spit if she’s sick though
I did.

ON THE CHEEK!!!!!!!
If I remember correctly.

Originally Posted by BL42
No one's saying there's a a firm requirement to have had sex already. What we are saying is that if you continue to stay platonic over time there will reach a point where the relationship is establish as a friendship and not romantic. So be aware of that.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!

As for the germs the only way to totally avoid getting sick and missing work is by living in a bubble. Sick or not your risk of catching anything goes up with physical contact. There is a bug going around with a lingering cough for weeks past the contagious period. The woman I took on the cruise has been coughing all week. Will see if I catch anything or not. Everyone gets sick now and then. It’s called life.
I was never a germaphobe. Still am not. But when I was told I had to sit out a trip, due to the scamdemic covid testing, it set me up to be extra careful. I took 16 tests after testing postive to try and get on that flight. Nope, Airline said, even after 5 days no symptoms, Australias guidance, doctor letter stating I wont get a negative for some time. Airline said nope, you are not flying.
So, I am a little timid about getting sick.
Last time I was sick was last year during Alaska trip. Only thing that kept me there was we were not around military personnel at all and in a remote site.
Today we walked the dogs together.. Progress, and good things come to those who wait.
I am being slow, deliberately.. Sure, she has been divorced for sometime, but I havent..
We are doing fine. Soon, I hope to have a positive report for you all.

Sitting at a Table for One.
M
Mach40 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
B Day party went well. It was fast paced due to venue giving us an hour and 15 minutes to set up, feed 20 kids, and open presents. Didnt make it. Had to open my presents to grand daughter at my house later. Just me and her with her Momma.
Ex and I talked, were very cordial.. Spoke a little about real estate. I showed her the property I was dreaming of, and went to look at.. She spoke of her 5 year plan to get property near a beach, near it.
When I first arrived, it was raining, so I pulled up to door of venue. Once ex saw me, she asked if I was going in. I said, its raining, and I am waiting for our daughter/and baby daddy to come out and help get my car load of stuff/cake inside. I said it was packed, and Meghan was in line also, getting ready to assist me too. She said Meghan? Had a very worried face, and I said yes, your niece.... LOL. I guess she thought I brought someone.
Anyways, all went without me stressing, so I was overthinking it.
Before I left she texted me to say goodbye to grand daughter as I was leaving to pack and go home. I said, I will and it was good seeing you..
Today she texted and said I looked good and it was nice to see me happy and smiling. She then said, I want to see you smile more. I am not reading into it. It was her being a nice person.

L
L
Mach sounds like it went well. Never as bad as you anticipate. I think your ex is genuinely happy for you. That’s a sign she has moved on. You should too. Take the compliment and keep moving forward.

M
Mach40 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Now to work on lady down the street..
I have tendency to overthink, and not just accept things for face value.
She isnt sick anymore.
I think I am missing something and there is more going on I dont know of. Something tells me she is having issues with ex.
Long story short, she was given alimony, and it was all based off of his business she started with him. A lucrative business in North East. I think there is a financial issue as she made mention her lawyers were telling her to stop spending, etc.. I am not going to ask her personal business, but, I think it is causing her allot of stress. Just Spidey senses.
I am going to back off and see how she responds. I am not texting every day, at night, acting needy etc. When we see each other we talk, laugh, and talk about random stuff. Now she is focused on something. Very difficult to describe.. I am not a wordsmith, so bear with me.
On a lighter note, I did go out with a friend Sat evening, had drinks and dinner downtown at a nice Jewish restaurant.. Caught up on life in general.
Today I took the day off and me and my daughter are going to hang out, probably go to gun range.

B
B
Mach40,

Glad the birthday party went off without any drama and you were able to celebrate with your granddaughter.

On the neighbor lady trust your gut. If you sense her pulling away it's probably real. Keep it light and cool and don't pressure. Just my $0.02.

Me:39 Ex-W:37
M:7 T: 9
S:6 D:3
BD/IHS/Confirm EA/PA: Feb '20
OM1 affair ends: May '20
W/OM2 & moves out: June-July '20
W files for D: Jul20
OM2 confirmed: 9/2020
Divorced: May '21
M
Mach40 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Not much excitement here. Went to a PBR, Pro Bull Riding , event last night.. I enjoyed it, till I bought drinks. 2 Mixed drinks, with tip 55 bucks. I went with my daughter, as she is into this pretty heavy. She texted and said, Put Your Boots on, and two hours later Cowboys were being flung off of the bulls.
As far as lady friend down the street.. No progress.. So, I am backing off, not 100%, just enough to play this game of chase/be chased?. It honestly is about 50/50 contacting each other... But, I do know her previous marriage was an abusive one, very abusive and alcohol. I am not a drinker, but will down a couple drinks. I have drank with her a couple times, and was a perfect gentlemen.
Maybe she is just overly cautious. No idea..
I do have two other women I have met up with.. One I saw, casually for late lunch. She is more friend, but we have similar likes. She is the one I may have mentioned moved from VA down here, and I assisted helping find an area. Prior Military, LEO on the same forum as me.
The other is from out of town and is wanting to meet up when she gets back late February. Works for bank, but caters to Indian customers ( from India), as she is Indian. Met her at tire shop, lol. I was getting tires rotated and balanced, and she was getting one fixed. I guess I have a gift for gab. Weird. Nice lady, not sure of her age, she seems mid to late 40s..
So, all is not a lost hope.
I am not giving up on neighbor lady, something about her intrigues me. And maybe she sees that I do like her, and she is a bit nervous.
Yep, I am all over the place lately..

B
B
Mach40,

We warned you about your neighbor lady...creating more of a "friends vibe" not enough "making moves" and too much frequent contact so soon. You're right to back off a bit and see if she pursues.

Smart you're keeping you're open to meeting up with other women - your not dating let alone exclusive with neighbor lady, so see what comes. You'll most likely hear from her again, and if you do don't get caught in a platonic relationship.

Me:39 Ex-W:37
M:7 T: 9
S:6 D:3
BD/IHS/Confirm EA/PA: Feb '20
OM1 affair ends: May '20
W/OM2 & moves out: June-July '20
W files for D: Jul20
OM2 confirmed: 9/2020
Divorced: May '21
M
Mach40 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Well, I will be leaving for 4 weeks, leaving next weekend. So, if I see her I will tell her.. No expectations, just letting her know.. I guess her reaction may or may not tell me what is on her mind about us, if there is an us...

And Yes, I was warned, and I didnt listen as well as I should have.
Sometimes, regardless of your life situation, you meet someone. And no matter what happens, some positive comes out of it. Its a immediate boost to self esteem, confidence that all is not lost. God works in mysterious ways. Dont like the games we play sometimes, but I understand you need to have your guard up.
Today, I was walking the dog, and someone was getting ready for garage sale. I stopped and we ended up talking.. Husband and wife. Eventually they asked where I lived, and I said over yonder, and they are like "oh, your that guy, neighbor lady likes you, and spoke highly of you when we went to dinner to restaurant where your daughter is a Chef at" That made me feel good.

M
Mach40 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Well, neighbor went by house walking one of her pups, later than normal and I said hey, she was on the phone and waived back..
I sometimes feel like a stalker, as I am in my garage allot working on the two cars I own, that always need assistance.
Anyways, something feels awry. Is there a way to ask? Or just suck it up buttercup.. I swear I think I overthink things.

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard