D
DnJ Online OP
OP Online
D
Originally Posted by Vapo
DnJ,

Where have yout threads go?

Good Morning Vapo

I asked for my threads to be hidden from view. I’m unsure if they were moved to a repository or deleted from the database.

I’m one month post retiring. Doing lots of projects, keeping quite busy (not sure how I fit working in before smile ), visiting friends and family, lunch/supper meet ups with coworkers, movies, shows, reading, sitting on the deck watching the world turn, and I even had out the telescope the other night and peered at Jupiter - brrrr, it was only 2 C.

Basically, my time is my own, and I get to do what I wish. Pretty sweet!

D

Feelings are fleeting.
Be better, not bitter.
Love the person, forgive the sin.
2 members like this: Elbereth, Eagle3
DnJ #2938171 10/05/22 05:04 PM
C
C
Originally Posted by DnJ
Originally Posted by Vapo
DnJ,

Where have yout threads go?

I asked for my threads to be hidden from view. I’m unsure if they were moved to a repository or deleted from the database.

They are normally moved to a private forum that can only be viewed by the moderators.

They could be moved back at any time and they are safely out of view.

Actually I am not sure about yours DNJ as I only see one thread on the forum.
If someone changes to a different name it naturally does not track that and can be confusing if you are not paying attention.

Me-70, D37,S36
DnJ #2938173 10/05/22 05:33 PM
K
kml Offline
K
Congrats on your retirement!

DnJ #2938174 10/05/22 06:02 PM
M
M
Originally Posted by DnJ
and I even had out the telescope the other night and peered at Jupiter - brrrr, it was only 2 C.

I guess that is better than looking at Uranus.....

Glad you are enjoying retirement....

: )

DnJ #2938238 10/07/22 12:48 PM
I
I
Glad you're enjoying retirement, D.

I also took my old threads down awhile ago.

I am not that person anymore anyway. So it was time.

Take care of yourself - and yeah Jupiter looks awesome!

Best,

IW

DnJ #2938283 10/08/22 04:10 AM
D
DnJ Online OP
OP Online
D
Cadet, it sounds like my 31 threads were likely deleted.

kml, thanks. I’ve got used to not getting up at 5:30 am. Lol.

Mach. Haha. Uranus. There are plenty of puns regarding black holes and brown dwarves that come to mind in the vein of Uranus comments. smile

Iron, yes Jupiter was pretty spectacular. So very bright!

D

Feelings are fleeting.
Be better, not bitter.
DnJ #2938392 10/13/22 05:51 PM
D
DnJ Online OP
OP Online
D
My goodness, it’s snowing!

Brrrr. I came out from the workshop after cutting some finicky panel moulding trim pieces for the kitchen, to gray overcast skies and blowing snow. So, had to drain the hand pump on the well and plug in the dog watering bowl.

Thanksgiving was excellent! Had the entire family around the table. Ten of us now. Three of the kids were seeing their wife/BF/GF’s family the next day where they are all having turkey, therefore we had roast.

S22 stayed for the weekend, so the following day he, Grandma, and I got together to play cards and have a turkey dinner. A nice turkey breast popped in the oven while we sat around the kitchen table.

A good thing too, for around three quarters the way through cooking, the oven controller faulted. The turkey was a nice light colour and smelt great. The display asked if we wanted to restart. I answered yes, and the oven started again. I sat back down at the end of the table which faces the oven directly and continued playing. Two minutes later the roasting pan made a twang noise, I looked over and notice the oven interior was glowing red.

The top broiler element turned on and would not shut off. The oven was incredibly hot; like 700 F. Even the stove top was cooking hot. I shut off the oven and pulled the turkey out. The bird looked like mercury: Its one side was crispy brown. Wow, in just a minute! Good thing we were sitting in the kitchen.

Anyhow, we let the oven cool a bit, and finished cooking the turkey with the ample latent heat. Interesting thing thermodynamics, really hot only burns the out layer, the underneath is basically untouched. Just a wee charring on the one end of the slices. smile

The twang was from the roasting pan as it bent upwards from the heat. It now does not sit flat and has a 3/4 inch rise on two of its corners relative to the other two. Lol. Time for a new pan.

Thanksgiving marks the fifth anniversary of bomb drop - J’s grand announcement, her throwing the kids aside, and her moving in with OM (egg man/neighbour). Oh, that was a crazy three hours!

That anniversary passed unnoticed and unrealized until yesterday, the date of my wedding. That anniversary date also passed unnoticed and unrealized until this very typing. Funny that.

Life is indeed great. Peaceful and content.

D

Feelings are fleeting.
Be better, not bitter.
DnJ #2938589 10/22/22 02:48 AM
C
C
Snow already! Happy Thanksgiving, D, and Happy Retirement!

T: 16 M:10
BD 6/2019
DnJ #2938595 10/22/22 01:14 PM
D
DnJ Online OP
OP Online
D
Good Morning cardinal

I’ve been seven week retired, and I’m so used to it. Lol.

I had lunch with my friend and old work colleague; my old job has finally been awarded. However, the new guy won’t be released from his current work location within the corporation until April. That location is understaffed, my old location was two guys understaffed and with this prolonging, three positions now. No one at the helm, falling behind on work, so many things going wrong, so much stress - I felt bad for for my friend. And so happy to not be part of that anymore!

Thanksgiving was good. And I bought a new stove, and got it installed this past week. Now if I burn the Christmas turkey I’ll have no excuse. smile

How are things with you? I’d love to hear an update, if you’d like to share.

D

Feelings are fleeting.
Be better, not bitter.
DnJ #2938844 10/30/22 12:04 PM
D
DnJ Online OP
OP Online
D
Good Morning

An early start this chilly Sunday morning. The sky is clear, and the stars are bright in this -2C crisp air.

I think I must be excited to be almost finished the kitchen renovations. The last things, which are going to be done today, second coat of varnish on the knotty cedar kick panels under the cupboards, install brass stair nose to finish the rise to the rear door to the deck, and put on the moulding around the pantry entrance.

Then on to the piano room and theatre room upgrades.

I also got the give the driveway a final smoothing, remove the box scrapper, and install the snowblower on the tractor. And I’m going to rebuild the bird feeder that sits outside Dad’s window. It’s rather weather-beaten and dilapidated. The bird feeder not the window. smile

Hope you all are having a wonderful Sunday.

D

Feelings are fleeting.
Be better, not bitter.
3 members like this: tadpole1025, Eagle3, job
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard