Print Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
A
AndrewP Offline OP
OP Offline
A
A bonus quote ...
Originally Posted by from Monstrous Regiment
The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they’ve found it.

Prior thread
"People see what they think is there."
https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2936688&page=1

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
A
AndrewP Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Not a lot happening in the Land of P these days.

I'm working from home today. I woke up with my alarm at 5:00 feeling a bit nauseous. After giving it some thought I sent an email in to the plant and went back to bed after having a few glasses of water. That started me sweating quite seriously - there are days that I think it's good I live alone wink . I suspect that with the high heat levels we've had here for the past number of days that I'd managed to get myself dehydrated. Still feel tired but the nausea is gone.

I do have a "window shaker" air conditioner that belongs to my son in a closet somewhere but would rather not install it. It's a production to do that and have it perform with any efficiency. I've waffled about getting one of the "portable" units and maybe it's time to do that and just cool the bedroom. I hate to spend that kind of money though on something I'll use just a few days of the year.

---

Had a laugh yesterday. I bumped into my friend and neighbour "P" while I was out and about and mentioned getting home to do my Sunday baking. She commented that she likes baking too but that her bread tends to come out as flat as her chest but with lots of flavour. I laughed and pointed out that I was "not" going to follow down the path of that analogy.

I've seen a fair bit of my friend "C" lately as well. She's been helping out at the brewery lately and so I popped in both Saturday and Sunday for a draft. Her friend who own the brewery had made a point of telling me that she would be there on Saturday when I popped in on Friday after work for my weekly 12. And when I popped in on Saturday "C" made sure to let me know she would be there Sunday. She was - of course - busy working but we did chat a small amount. It was nice to catch up. She still has an over-full plate of stuff going on which I think is par for the course for her.

Still not feeling any sort of nudge towards dating. Perhaps it's lethargy but putting in the effort just isn't something that I have any sort of interest in right now.

Work continues to grind along with me getting pulled deeper into this corporate project that I'd rather not be involved in - which in part is why I'm wasting my time here today. I have a conference call this afternoon and will have to be physically in the corporate office to meet with the sales management from our other division next week. The last time I was in that office was in March of 2020. We've had a fair amount of turnover lately and it will be nice to see some familiar faces and meet the new ones. Will be weird to ride the subway again - I checked and my transit pass still has a fair sized balance on it. I have to update my parking pass though I think.

Been playing with my security cameras (Wyze Pan-Cam) a bit lately. I think I've finally figured out how to make them completely independent of the manufacturer's web services. It's been fun to "get my nerd on". One of the current projects on my plate is replacing the security and surveillance systems at the plant and while we will absolutely going with a third party installer it's nice to explore what options are out there that I can have in my back pocket for emergencies.

TL/DR; - blah de blah de blah

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
T
T
Originally Posted by Andrew
Had a laugh yesterday. I bumped into my friend and neighbour "P" while I was out and about and mentioned getting home to do my Sunday baking. She commented that she likes baking too but that her bread tends to come out as flat as her chest but with lots of flavor. I laughed and pointed out that I was "not" going to follow down the path of that analogy.
lol--sounds like she's flirting with you.

Originally Posted by Andrew
Still not feeling any sort of nudge towards dating. Perhaps it's lethargy but putting in the effort just isn't something that I have any sort of interest in right now.
I hear you. While I have a GF, I feel very little interest just now in "dates". There will be a season for that--maybe sparked by a good conversation or a sexy dress or someone flat-chested who brings lots of flavor. wink

K
kml Offline
K
Lol - I don't think most women would flirt by pointing out their flat chest, but who knows?

As for the nausea - likely just the heat, but don't forget that nausea can be a cardiac symptom too - don't ignore it if it persists or recurs.

1 member likes this: AndrewP
D
DnJ Offline
D
Hello Andrew

A portable air conditioning unit is a good investment. And you are worth it!

Installing the exhaust vent is much easier than a window shaker. Especially on higher than ground floor, which I suspect your bedroom would be.

And it’s portable. So, if hot Andrew has to, err… I mean hot like temperature, you know warm, lol, so if Andrew has to work at home he could wheel this unit to his office to cool it for the day. Or movie watching, or whatever.

I hauled one around with me when travelling for work and staying at a place with no air conditioning. It worked for many years and I finally gave it away when I got a position close enough to home that I could just commute.

Good luck with the corporate meeting and project next week.

D

Feelings are fleeting.
Be better, not bitter.
Love the person, forgive the sin.
A
AndrewP Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by kml
Lol - I don't think most women would flirt by pointing out their flat chest, but who knows?
She's pretty self aware I think and while she does have nice curves, they are modestly sized. I think she mentioned once that she weighs less than 100lbs. And how a lot of people including herself think that her political opinions etc are more than a bit "out there".

Originally Posted by DnJ
Installing the exhaust vent is much easier than a window shaker. Especially on higher than ground floor, which I suspect your bedroom would be.
Got it hooked up. The first night I had it in the bedroom where it roared all night until I turned it off. I now have it in the dressing room off the MBR and have figured out the controls a bit better. I think tonight will be the last night of the year that I might need it, but at least I've got it now. I don't like the fact that I'll be cooling another room but the noise was just too much for my liking. I was also surprised that after running for a while - and possibly when it changed cycles while I was testing to see how long it took to cool the room - that my 15 amp breaker popped. Being cheap there isn't much other load on that circuit. I only noticed because my internet router is on the same circuit and it went out.

---

Just got some worrisome news this morning that I want to get off my chest - part of the whole not having someone to talk about the day-to-day with.

My oldest sister is going in again for some pre-cancer surgery probably within the next month. She let us (family etc) know on a group chat. I sent well-wishes. There's really not much more I can do. There is a strong history of cancer in my family on my mother's side so it's not too much of a shock that it has come around again. She's a widow with no family living close by but she has a strong friend / support group where she lives.

At my age (58) you do get regular reminders of mortality and this is one of them.

---

I just checked my budget for this month this morning and it has me sending this month's alimony on the 34th anniversary of when my xW and I met. I waffled about adding on an extra note beyond the payment number and date pointing out the past significance of that date, but no. No purpose in poking the bear. #58 of 77 then 7 months after that is my last car payment. I don't think I'll send a note to Toyota either although I expect that THEY will be reaching out before too long to see if I want to see them crazy

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D
DnJ Offline
D
Hello Andrew

Hoping the best for your sister. Yes, as we get old this kind of news does pop up more frequently. Another of life’s reminders.

It’s odd that the 15 A breaker tripped. A router doesn’t draw much power. Perhaps there was a light on as well, or more likely the circuit breaker is a bit weak.

I did find low speed worked fine once the room was cooled down. Not as quiet as a country night, though not sweat like crazy is pretty good. Blowing in cooler air from an attached room is a good solution methinks.

Have a great day.

D

Feelings are fleeting.
Be better, not bitter.
Love the person, forgive the sin.
B
B
don't borrow trouble. think positively. keep it in the day. say a prayer.

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
D
D
Sending prayers and positive vibes for your sister. (((Andrew)))

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
job Offline
Sending positive thoughts and prayers for your sister. Stay positive, Andrew.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard