Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
B
OB,

Welcome back to the US! If you were closer to me I'd be tempted to arrange a meet up and swap stories, considering our sitches aligned so well.

I was hoping for a fun hook up w/Melbourne girl for you at that party, but guess it wasn't in the cards. Honestly sounds like she was a good egg and has interest but the distance usually makes things so tough. Maybe in a different place and time.

Glad you had some fun banter with doctor/setup girl and the attraction level went us. It's gotta be nice to feel some pursuit, no?

Good luck w/the rest of your trip!

Me:39 Ex-W:37
M:7 T: 9
S:6 D:3
BD/IHS/Confirm EA/PA: Feb '20
OM1 affair ends: May '20
W/OM2 & moves out: June-July '20
W files for D: Jul20
OM2 confirmed: 9/2020
Divorced: May '21
M
M
Hey OB, sound like you are doing great! Wish I had a few weeks in the states!

You are from Aussietown right?
Have a look at Josh_Ts thread, you have lots of good input for him.

Last edited by Mumin; 05/03/22 07:40 AM.

Me: 34
Stbxw: 30
D:5 D:3
Mini bd: May/June 2019
Married: Aug 2019
BD: 6th Dec 2019
OM Confirmed: Feb 2020
March 2020: I filed for D
Waiting for D to be finalized and W to move out end of January 2021
S
S
Originally Posted by OnlyBent
Yep, left wondering was definitely the right option, although I don’t think I can across as butthurt either, I was pretty casual with it. Anyway, was setup by another and went out with her during the week. She didn’t fit my ideal attractiveness, is a doctor and has a very posh sounded voice, is from a rich Sydney set. Naturally, my initial judgement was totally off, she had amazing banter and was pretty down to earth, so the attractiveness went up a few notches. Interesting girl, so we’ll see where this leads, she already wants a second date, so I’ll see her when I get back home in a couple of weeks.

Just proves that paralyzing yourself for one person that may or may not be right for you is never a good thing! Take it from someone that was frozen in time for literal decades by someone that turned out to be unattainable. Onward and upward!

M(52), W(53),D(17)
M-20, T-23 Bomb Drop - Dec.23, 2017
Ring and Piecing since March 2018
T
T
Where in Sydney you at? I'm North of the coat hanger. No posh near me, its ocker.

Me: 47 w/ S10, D12, D3
Current T: 12; M: 11 years; BD1: 11-11-18; BD2: 22-04-22; STBXW: 41
Previous M: 4 years; Big D: 2004; XW: 48
O
OP Offline
O
Originally Posted by Josh_T
Where in Sydney you at? I'm North of the coat hanger. No posh near me, its ocker.

I’m north of the bridge too, just a couple k’s from the city.

Had a great afternoon yesterday, finished up in the Baltimore area early and headed up to DC. Had a nice lunch then wandered around the Mall, etc for about 3 hours then hit a nice dinner spot on 14th, weather was beautiful. I had such a great time being out and about by myself. A bit like Scotty AB’s experience, you just know that feeling when you’re past things and you see how great life can be.

Last time I was in DC was with XW, we had a great time. But now I can just look at it and be grateful for the good times we did have without any of the negativity, feels good. Might hit a sports bar tonight for a few post work beers and some NBA.

As always thanks for all responses, and BL yep it’s nice to be chased. Always the goal of improving and becoming AMOAFWL. Getting there!

Me: 40 W:41
T: 14 M: 11
S: 5

BD & OM Jun 2020
W moves out Aug 2020

"What happened happened, and couldn't have happened any other way...because it didn't"
O
OP Offline
O
Been a while since I posted.

Strangely, XW is trying very hard to be pleasant and nice. She was at the shops the other day with S5 and messaged me to see if I needed any new clothes at my house while she was buying him some. Its nice I guess, but I'd much prefer if she acknowledged how much pain and suffering she caused along with all the lies she told and just apologise for that than offer these niceties. Her and OM continue down the path of creating their new little famliy. Her, OM, OM's son and S5 all went on a weekend road trip interstate a few weekends back. It didn't bother nearly as much as I thought.

Life with S5 is pretty great, walk him to school most days, get to see him 2-3 times on the weeks that I don't have him through the soccer coaching and I have just started a mentoring program at a local high school with a 15 year old kid which I'm really enjoying.

On the dating front, the doctor and I went on a few more dates and then before the cook for her at my house date she pulled the pin and said she'd also been seeing someone else which had gotten more serious. It didn't bother me and I genuinely wished her good luck with it.

Tried my luck on OLD and had a few dates with some great women, one has progressed to a 3rd date tomorrow night, she is a great girl so far so we'll see where it goes. It really is amazing when you have an abundance mentality how people respond to you.

In other news, I was down in Melbourne for work last week and who do I run into but the Melbourne girl. We had a drink and the vibe was a bit weird but then she asked if I had a free night for dinner so we went for dinner and drinks and ended up back at my hotel room. She said she'd missed me so much and had hoped I would text her every day, but her stance on long-distance hadn't changed, so I told her if it does let me know, otherwise we would go back to no contact. Much easier the second time round, but I have missed her, we have a great connection which I haven't really felt with anyone else, but that abundance mindset and knowing that whatever will be will be certainly does help.

Work still going great, coming back to the States in September for a week which will be cool, perfectly time to catch a Ravens home game, can't wait!

BD & OM Jun 2020
W moves out Aug 2020

"What happened happened, and couldn't have happened any other way...because it didn't"
L
L
Its nice I guess, but I'd much prefer if she acknowledged how much pain and suffering she caused along with all the lies she told and just apologise for that than offer these niceties.
I wish every LBS would get this but that is my fantasy in life lol.
Life with S5 is pretty great, walk him to school most days, get to see him 2-3 times on the weeks that I don't have him through the soccer coaching and I have just started a mentoring program at a local high school with a 15 year old kid which I'm really enjoying.
Good stuff Bent!
On the dating front, the doctor and I went on a few more dates and then before the cook for her at my house date she pulled the pin and said she'd also been seeing someone else which had gotten more serious. It didn't bother me and I genuinely wished her good luck with it.
It happens and great job not burning bridge. Bet you hear from her again.
Tried my luck on OLD and had a few dates with some great women, one has progressed to a 3rd date tomorrow night, she is a great girl so far so we'll see where it goes. It really is amazing when you have an abundance mentality how people respond to you.
It's a beautiful thing!
In other news, I was down in Melbourne for work last week and who do I run into but the Melbourne girl. We had a drink and the vibe was a bit weird but then she asked if I had a free night for dinner so we went for dinner and drinks and ended up back at my hotel room. She said she'd missed me so much and had hoped I would text her every day, but her stance on long-distance hadn't changed, so I told her if it does let me know, otherwise we would go back to no contact.
Corey Wayne would be so proud. You HHHing MFer lol.
Much easier the second time round, but I have missed her, we have a great connection which I haven't really felt with anyone else, but that abundance mindset and knowing that whatever will be will be certainly does help.
Bent this shows me you are in control of your emotions.
Work still going great, coming back to the States in September for a week which will be cool, perfectly time to catch a Ravens home game, can't wait!
Good stuff Bent!

M:51 W:46
T:22 M:16
S:15 D:11

�Happiness equals reality minus expectations�- Magliozzi
O
OP Offline
O
Originally Posted by LH19
I wish every LBS would get this but that is my fantasy in life lol.

Maybe one day in the very far furture, but by then I'd say most would not give 2 sh!ts anymore.

Corey Wayne would be so proud. You HHHing MFer lol.

It was a hell of a night that's for sure.

Bent this shows me you are in control of your emotions.

Thanks LH, it's been hard-earned that's for sure.

BD & OM Jun 2020
W moves out Aug 2020

O
OP Offline
O
Hey Cadet/Job

Would I be able to move this thread over to Surviving please.

BD & OM Jun 2020
W moves out Aug 2020

B
B
OnlyBent,

Strangely, XW is trying very hard to be pleasant and nice. She was at the shops the other day with S5 and messaged me to see if I needed any new clothes at my house while she was buying him some. Its nice I guess, but I'd much prefer if she acknowledged how much pain and suffering she caused along with all the lies she told and just apologise for that than offer these niceties.
She's probably happy with her life at the moment and wants all aspects to be cheery and wonderful, including on the co-parenting front. I agree a bit bizarre and frustrating for us LBS who are in the wreckage so to speak from the WAS/WS actions, but at least it's better than an extremely contentious situation? We've certainly seen examples of that here.

Her and OM continue down the path of creating their new little famliy. Her, OM, OM's son and S5 all went on a weekend road trip interstate a few weekends back. It didn't bother nearly as much as I thought.
Glad it's bothering you less. It still riles me up at times, but I suppose not as much as it used to.

Life with S5 is pretty great, walk him to school most days, get to see him 2-3 times on the weeks that I don't have him through the soccer coaching
This is awesome! Fantastic that you're going above and beyond for S5. Walking to school and seeing on "off" weeks through sports is right up my alley. Keep up that close relationship.

Tried my luck on OLD and had a few dates with some great women, one has progressed to a 3rd date tomorrow night, she is a great girl so far so we'll see where it goes.
How'd date #3 go?

In other news, I was down in Melbourne for work last week and who do I run into but the Melbourne girl.
Randomly? What are the odds?

We had a drink and the vibe was a bit weird but then she asked if I had a free night for dinner so we went for dinner and drinks and ended up back at my hotel room.
It was a hell of a night that's for sure.
I thought it'd be that friends party awhile back, but had a feeling you hadn't hooked up with Melbourne girl for the last time!

Sounds like life is good, OB. Good relationship with your son and an abundance mentality with the ladies...not bad!

Me:39 Ex-W:37
M:7 T: 9
S:6 D:3
BD/IHS/Confirm EA/PA: Feb '20
OM1 affair ends: May '20
W/OM2 & moves out: June-July '20
W files for D: Jul20
OM2 confirmed: 9/2020
Divorced: May '21
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Cadet, job, Virginia 

Link Copied to Clipboard