Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
#2932928 04/26/22 05:40 PM
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Previous Thread:

NEXT!

Today has not been fabulous. My gut was of course right, as always. I got a call from my boss that I didn’t get the job. An hour later I had to log onto a staff meeting in which it was announced. My boss kindly offered me the position of the person who got the job. It’s a lateral move. Gee, thanks. Offer me the leftover position of the one who got the one I want. I declined it as I don’t like that position and the only perk is no weekends or holidays but they don’t bother me. So I don’t want it.

I can’t lie. I didn’t even really process it, and I had to listen to it on the meeting and I am kind of in tears . I am very fortunate to work with people who love me and respect me and provided me some comfort . It’s hard not be discouraged. I do believe I deserved it and would have been great at it. I did make a personal decision though. Before I even knew this job could possibly become available, I was everyone’s point person. Someone didn’t know what to do, they come to me, not the supervisor. Because I do know. And I explain well. Well, I’m done with that now. I will direct them to the manager. It sounds craPy and maybe I feel that way, but I do. And I’m only going to be flexible with my weekends when I can, and I’m not going to go out of my way to make them work.
Hard work does not pay off sometimes, lol. I guess the plan is to work 2 jobs until I can leave here. I hate having to tell my daughter I didn’t get it who thought I was a shoo in. And she my ex and his wife.

The universe made this decision for a reason. And I know i badly want to move in 3 years. This likely would have stopped me.

In other news, I actually have a date second date tonight. Nice guy who just moved from TX. Unattached, adult daughter, chemistry , thoughtful. Hopefully this continues to move along in a positive direction.

I’m pretty down though, but I plan on turning myself around for this date tonight .

Last edited by job; 04/26/22 06:29 PM. Reason: added link to previous thread
Ginger1 #2932929 04/26/22 06:23 PM
K
kml Offline
K
Aww, G, I'm sorry you didn't get the job, but this may have happened for a reason. I like your idea of referring people to the new manager - sounds like you've been doing too much and it IS their job, after all.

Here's hoping the second date goes well! I'm always a little worried that people who have "just moved to the area" in online dating may be hiding a wife somewhere back home, so do you due diligence in online snooping. Here's hoping he's all he seems to be and the chemistry continues to be good.

1 member likes this: job
kml #2932930 04/26/22 06:34 PM
L
L
Originally Posted by kml
I'm always a little worried that people who have "just moved to the area" in online dating may be hiding a wife somewhere back home.
Lol. This board is awesome!

Ginger1 #2932933 04/26/22 07:29 PM
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Thanks. I’m down in the dumps today.

I have done my due diligence and social media stalked and googled. So far he comes up clean, lol. He did get out of a serious relationship 4 months ago. His only kid is 29 that I know I know of. The chemistry is nice, we can talk forever, but I am proceeding with caution and no expectations

Ginger1 #2932937 04/26/22 09:14 PM
K
kml Offline
K
Good job verifying. I'm gonna name him "Rebound Guy" if he's only 4 months out of a serious relationship. Do you have any idea if his move was a cause or effect of the breakup? What brings him from Texas to the East Coast?

So far, chemistry and conversation is good. Check. Any other things in the "pro" column? Any potential red flags?

Originally Posted by kml
I'm always a little worried that people who have "just moved to the area" in online dating may be hiding a wife somewhere back home.
Lol. This board is awesome!

Yes, LH - internet dating is FULL of stories of guys who claimed to be in the process of moving to an area, but were just there for business and looking to rope someone into a hookup under false pretenses. (Several I've seen here over the years). So I'm really glad to see G did her due diligence.

Ginger1 #2932976 04/27/22 08:17 PM
B
B
Ginger,

Very sorry about the job news. That must be disappointing and frustrating, especially if you're already handling much of the role. Perhaps that door closing will lead to another one opening soon.

Hope the second date went well last night!

Me:39 Ex-W:37
M:7 T: 9
S:6 D:3
BD/IHS/Confirm EA/PA: Feb '20
OM1 affair ends: May '20
W/OM2 & moves out: June-July '20
W files for D: Jul20
OM2 confirmed: 9/2020
Divorced: May '21
BL42 #2932977 04/27/22 09:07 PM
L
L
Originally Posted by BL42
Ginger,

Very sorry about the job news. That must be disappointing and frustrating, especially if you're already handling much of the role. Perhaps that door closing will lead to another one opening soon.

Hope the second date went well last night!
FYI BL Ginger hates validation.

Ginger1 #2932984 04/28/22 01:01 AM
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Oh shut up, LH.

Thank you BL. It really stinks and I’m still down about it, but I’m guessing there is a bigger reason the universe knows about.

Date 2 went quite well! Date 3 is Sunday! Yup, violating all the rules and having 3 dates in 8 days. It feels pretty good to know I’m not dead inside and I can feel chemistry again. I also feel really natural and comfortable around him and very much like myself. He puts forth the effort and drives the 45 min to me. Looking at T’s thread, 45 min is a big deal! He even crosses the GW bridge and there is a hefty toll on that one!

Ginger1 #2932992 04/28/22 03:32 AM
E
E
Hi Ginger,

I’m so excited that you are enjoying your dates with this new guy! I hope you continue to have fun…even if it doesn’t go anywhere long term. I think as long as you are having fun and doing it, good things will come!

I’m bummed that you didn’t the job. I’m sure you started to imagine yourself doing it (as you mentioned in many ways you already do some of it), and that is so hard to let go of when something like that when it doesn’t work out. At least it is for me. Of course you are in the dumps. You have every right to feel disappointed. I am glad you tried, and gave it a shot. I agree with others, that sometimes these things happen for a reason. Not always, but if you don’t let it discourage you, maybe the door will open to something better. As for not doing so much of the things you used to do and passing them to the new manager…I get that. Totally. Have you thought about asking for a raise? Maybe if you are doing more than is required for your role? Anyway, just a thought.

Looking forward to hearing about date 3!

El

Me 52, H 56
T10 M7, 2nd MR for both
2 Step Sons (19 and 21)
BD: Fall 2020
D finalized: July 2022
XH Married AP soon after D day.

Ginger1 #2933004 04/28/22 05:46 AM
D
D
So sorry to hear you didn’t get the job Ginger. Have faith that there is another plan for you. So many times in my life, I’ve been disappointed by something only to look back a year or two later and realize that what had been a big disappointment at the time, was a necessary step in a different and better direction. Keep your eyes and ears open for other opportunities. I am sure they will come along when you least expect it.

A third date?!?! That’s the holy grail of OLD…lol. Glad things are looking up for you in the department. Hope you have an amazing time on Sunday!!! (((HUGS)))

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard