Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
B
and while we all watch the oscars/will smith/chris rock show, nobody is paying attention to what's really going on in the world. spin spin spin ...

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
M
MLCxH Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by Elbereth
I’m sad that this whole debacle took away from the King Richard movie and the amazing story and life of Venus and Serena Williams. That movie was great and inspiring.

IMO the mother was the true hero. She is the one who worked and was the financial support for the family. She stayed in an unhappy marriage for the sake of her kids. She was the source of strength for her kids when their father was putting pressure on them. However, I am guessing that a "Queen Oracene" movie would probably not generate the same hype and revenue as "King Richard".

Originally Posted by BL42
I did see some speculation as to what would've happened instead if Dave Chapelle or Joe Rogan would've been there instead of Chris Rock lol

As we commonly say in this forum, "Not taking any action is an action too" smile If Rock had responded, this would have been more ammunition for the media to spin it into a whose actions were worse. Rock's reaction has forced Smith to apologize to him publicly, admit he was wrong and deal with the consequences of this to his career. He had to resign from the Academy, Netflix & Sony announced today that they will put any projects with him on hold and other chips are likely to fall.

Originally Posted by Kind18
Their relationship is all f****d up on so many levels.

This is a good lesson for why it is important to stand up to your partner and not let them walk all over you. Doing so will not only hurt your relationship but also hurt you in other aspects of your life

Originally Posted by bttrfly
and while we all watch the oscars/will smith/chris rock show, nobody is paying attention to what's really going on in the world. spin spin spin ...

Discussing this and other world events is not exclusive. Entertainment is important for a balanced life and a large percentage of the human population count on movies as one of their sources of entertainment. So, when something like this happens involving a A-list actor on the night of what could have been one of the greatest in his professional career, it is indeed big news. Spin on the other hand is focusing on misinformation that is fed through our echo chambers and thinking something is more important than it truly is.

1 member likes this: Traveler
B
B
Originally Posted by MLCxH

Discussing this and other world events is not exclusive. Entertainment is important for a balanced life and a large percentage of the human population count on movies as one of their sources of entertainment. So, when something like this happens involving a A-list actor on the night of what could have been one of the greatest in his professional career, it is indeed big news. Spin on the other hand is focusing on misinformation that is fed through our echo chambers and thinking something is more important than it truly is.
We can agree to disagree. I think entertainment has it's place, but it's a place, not as all-encompassing as our culture makes it.

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

A box full of darkness.
~ Mary Oliver
B
B
its place, it's a place. oh, for an edit button and more coffee

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

A box full of darkness.
~ Mary Oliver
K
kml Offline
K
IMO the mother was the true hero. She is the one who worked and was the financial support for the family. She stayed in an unhappy marriage for the sake of her kids. She was the source of strength for her kids when their father was putting pressure on them. However, I am guessing that a "Queen Oracene" movie would probably not generate the same hype and revenue as "King Richard".

Agreed! And he abandoned his first family of five small children, leaving them to be raised in poverty.

M
MLCxH Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I think entertainment has its place, but it's a place, not as all-encompassing as our culture makes it.

I am unsure on what makes you think it is all encompassing. Personally, I don't see people being consumed by the discussion about what happened at the Oscars to the event that they ignore everything else.

Originally Posted by kml
Agreed! And he abandoned his first family of five small children, leaving them to be raised in poverty.

This made me speculate if he would have abandoned his second family too if he was not dependent on the money his wife was making and the potential of a big payoff when his daughters went Pro smile

B
B
I think entertainment has its place, but it's a place, not as all-encompassing as our culture makes it.

I am unsure on what makes you think it is all encompassing. Personally, I don't see people being consumed by the discussion about what happened at the Oscars to the event that they ignore everything else.
Again, we can agree to disagree.

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

A box full of darkness.
~ Mary Oliver
M
MLCxH Offline OP
OP Offline
M

Again, we can agree to disagree.

There is nothing to disagree on smile Within your sphere of information, it may truly be the case that all the attention is on this topic and nobody is paying attention to other events. I don't have to disagree with you that YOU feel that this topic is all encompassing.

All I said is that I don't see the same thing happening from my perspective. I see a lot more attention being paid to on the economy, inflation, the war in Ukraine etc than this topic. Unless you are making a statement on what topics I personally see being focused on within my personal sphere of news and information, we don't have a disagreement.

R
R
Originally Posted by Core
I normally don't give two seconds of thought to celebrity happening
Same here, but I went down the rabbit hole. "The behavioral Arts" Chanel on YouTube has some good body language readings.

Chris Rock was amazingly professional. He doesn't understand body language, so he was confused as Will approached.

Will has nice guy syndrome. Will has repressed emotions. He over reacted. He needs IC. Will should have been arrested for assault.

If you watch how Jada speaks of TOPAC, completely different than Will. Different type of attraction.

An entanglement? Jada minimizes and distances herself from her A. Of course they are talking about private matters out in public, but I do not see a couple that is "together at last".

Lots of character traits each of us can evaluate and decide to remove or add to our own behavior.

"What is best for my kids is best for me"
Amor Fati
Link to quotes: https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2879712
B
B
Going down the DB Forum rabbit hole...I was re-reading DBX80's thread which led me to see if MLCxH had given an update recently which led me here to this thread he started, so speaking of celebrity news...

I don't know the details beyond the constant media headlines, but sounds like Johnny Depp won his lawsuit against Amber Heard? Sounded like a seriously dysfunctional relationship. Maybe we should send the two of them a MWD DB book.

Me:39 Ex-W:37
M:7 T: 9
S:6 D:3
BD/IHS/Confirm EA/PA: Feb '20
OM1 affair ends: May '20
W/OM2 & moves out: June-July '20
W files for D: Jul20
OM2 confirmed: 9/2020
Divorced: May '21
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard