Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
M
MLCxH Offline OP
OP Offline
M
There has been a lot of newsreel about Will Smith slapping Chris Rock on the stage at the Oscars because Rock made a joke about Smith's wife's bald head, which she shaves because of a medical condition.

If you watch the footage closely, it appears that Will Smith appears to find the joke funny and is seen laughing when Rock makes the joke. Jada however, is not amused and rolls her eyes. Then a short while later, Smith gets on stage and assaults Rock.

I wonder if Smith assaulted Rock because he felt the need to overcompensate and show his support for Jada since he initially laughed at the joke? If so, I feel it highlights an interesting dynamic in their relationship and dare I day possible insecurity on the part of Smith?

Goes to show relationships are complicated not just for ordinary people like us, but even a guy who is considered one of the sexiest and most desirable in the world by many.

C
C
I normally don't give two seconds of thought to celebrity happening but I related so much to the pain in Will's eyes when Jada was openly gaslighting him about sleeping with their sons friend. I related to him trying to save the marriage. Being an outsider though, I could see all her tricks, manipulations, cuts, twists amd turns.

Because of that, I had to see what this is about.

Will indeed thought the joke was funny. Jada looked like she wanted to kill Rock. She cannot take a joke, as few today can. Will decided to "honor" this woman that is disgusted by him and still years for 2pac by making a fool of himself by slapping a man on national television. Common dude...a SLAP?

I can't look at Will the same anymore. As you said...I think it was insecurity, and overcompensation among other things.

When Will said "keep my wife out of your mouth", Chris Rock if he wasnt in so much shock, had a golden opportunity to respond in many soul crushing ways which its good he didnt.

H37, W37
D4, S2
ILYBNILWY 9/19
BD 9/19
EA discovered 10/19
Currently in limbo, no D or S process initiated
M
MLCxH Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by Core
Will decided to "honor" this woman that is disgusted by him and still years for 2pac by making a fool of himself by slapping a man on national television. Common dude...a SLAP?

Methinks Will needs a few DB lessons smile
You cannot nice her nice her back especially when you do things that show you put her on a pedestal.
A woman has to respect you before she can be attracted to you

I can't look at Will the same anymore. As you said...I think it was insecurity, and overcompensation among other things.

I agree it's hard to see him the same. I cringe when I see what he did and the possible reasons he did it for. What a way to overshadow your first Academy award in such a great career frown

Chris Rock if he wasnt in so much shock, had a golden opportunity to respond in many soul crushing ways which its good he didnt.

I was amazed, even shocked, at how well Chris Rock handled this. His response made Will even more immature!

T
T
Wow--I'd missed this. I'm sad to see Will Smith brought down so low, and impressed by Chris Rock's composure. I hope Will Smith faces consequences. I hate double standards where the rich and powerful get away with such acts.

C
C
After his boxing training in the movie Ali, I still can't believe he resorted to slapping.

MLCxH - funny and nice application of DB principles to Smith's life lmao.

H37, W37
D4, S2
ILYBNILWY 9/19
BD 9/19
EA discovered 10/19
Currently in limbo, no D or S process initiated
K
kml Offline
K
Smith started the sucker punch with a closed fist - although he comes down with an open hand, the sound of the impact sounded more like a punch than a slap. Perhaps some primitive part of Smith’s brain thought better of it as the punch was headed towards Rock’s face and opened his fist.

B
B
Originally Posted by MLCxH
If so, I feel it highlights an interesting dynamic in their relationship and dare I day possible insecurity on the part of Smith?
Bingo.

I'm not one to follow celebrity gossip, but am aware enough to know Jada regularly and openly disrespects Will Smith. She's stated publicly she didn't really want to get married to Smith but her mother encouraged her, she openly pines for the late Tupac Shakur and says how he'll always be #1 in her heart, she has not-so-quiet affairs including a several year long one with the friend of her son and than pulls Smith into a broadcasted interview about it where he breaks down and apologizes for her.

Who knows what's Hollywood PR and what's real, but she seems like trash whereas he comes off as the nice guy trying to keep his family together and weakly excusing her actions.

Originally Posted by Cora
When Will said "keep my wife out of your mouth", Chris Rock if he wasnt in so much shock, had a golden opportunity to respond in many soul crushing ways which its good he didnt.
Who knows - this is speculation on my part - but after Smith screams at him I get the distinct impression Rock is about to roast Smith into the next century. Rock gets a huge smile/smirk on his face and says "Woah, I could...oooh, ok..." but then decides to go on with the show. I mean Rock is a professional comedian who I'm sure has plenty of experience with hecklers. This his medium. He could've spent the rest of the show slaying Smith about his relationship with Jada, but I think (rightly) thought better of it in the moment and took the high road.

Methinks Will needs a few DB lessons smile
You cannot nice her nice her back especially when you do things that show you put her on a pedestal.
A woman has to respect you before she can be attracted to you
Agreed. He needs to start standing up for himself, instead of turning himself into a clown show. She clearly doesn't respect him, and he looks like a fool.

I was amazed, even shocked, at how well Chris Rock handled this. His response made Will even more immature!
Originally Posted by Traveler
and impressed by Chris Rock's composure
I couldn't agree more. He was completely caught off guard, and why shouldn't he be? Who expects an A-list movie star worth hundreds of millions of dollars is going to assault you on stage in front of thousands of people and the world watching on TV...over a joke. Yet, despite that, he regains his composure and goes on with the show professionally. No question he came off better than Smith.

Originally Posted by kml
Smith started the sucker punch with a closed fist - although he comes down with an open hand, the sound of the impact sounded more like a punch than a slap. Perhaps some primitive part of Smith’s brain thought better of it as the punch was headed towards Rock’s face and opened his fist.
Probably. Could you image a punch connecting solidly? I mean he's a pretty big in-shape guy would has trained as Mohammed Ali and action roles. Plus Rock is completely caught off-guard as he has no reason to expect he's about to get assaulted. As bad as the slap was a knock out punch would've been devastating. I did see some speculation as to what would've happened instead if Dave Chapelle or Joe Rogan would've been there instead of Chris Rock lol

Me:39 Ex-W:37
M:7 T: 9
S:6 D:3
BD/IHS/Confirm EA/PA: Feb '20
OM1 affair ends: May '20
W/OM2 & moves out: June-July '20
W files for D: Jul20
OM2 confirmed: 9/2020
Divorced: May '21
K
kml Offline
K
Oh jeez - yeah, Dave Chapelle would have probably knocked Will Smith OUT.

E
E
I’m sad that this whole debacle took away from the King Richard movie and the amazing story and life of Venus and Serena Williams. That movie was great and inspiring. All people are talking about is this punch. Sad.

And that isn’t even stating more of the obvious about it like you all are describing and I certainly agree with.

Me 52, H 56
T10 M7, 2nd MR for both
2 Step Sons (19 and 21)
BD: Fall 2020
D finalized: July 2022
XH Married AP soon after D day.

K
K
Their relationship is all f****d up on so many levels.

How will Jade reward Will for protecting her honor… let him watch her with another guy? What a vomit fest.

Chris Rock is lucky he didn’t insult Alex Baldwin’s wife 😂

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard