Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
J
J
I agree with Steve, just tell them. What I’m saying is I don’t think it’s the best idea to tell them so you can have them as extra support.

If you need that, than start therapy. There’s nothing wrong with an IC at all and it may help you in ways you didn’t expect.

Me: 40
EX:37
Together 17 years
Married 16 years
5 kids, 20,18,15,14,11

BD 03/06/20, divorced 12/23/21
D
Dink Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I didn’t mean I needed to tell them to get their extra support, I meant it would free me to discuss
With other friends/family, knowing the kids now knew about the divorce.

S
S
Agree with Joseph. Though I see your point Dink about now being able to talk about it openly until the kids know (so they don't find out second hand). However, I do not think it is a good thing to do this with her. These are adult kids. Not minor kids. You wanting to coordinate with her on telling the kids is you still trying to work as a team with her. You and she are not a team any longer and therefore you do not need to coordinate the telling of the kids with her.

Again, just my opinion, but based on your other activities around trying to stay in contact with her, telling the kids just seems like one more attempt on your part to keep the connection with her alive.

M(53), W(54),D(19)
M-23, T-25 Bomb Drop - Dec.23, 2017
Ring and Piecing since March 2018
job Offline
Dink,

Please start a new thread as you have reached the 100 posting/reply limit. Please link your threads together.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
job #2931964 03/28/22 07:25 PM
D
Dink Offline OP
OP Offline
D
How do you link threads together

M
M
Click "use full editor"
Click the "insert link" icon (looks like a world with a link on it)

I was also locked in on telling the kids together.
After trying to coordinate it with her and a lot of other stuff happening I just had enough and told them myself. She was surprised and angry but not much more.
In their mind I think most WW/WAS just dont want to tell the kids "for the time being". While us LBS are going crazy about it.
If you feel they need to know and the S isnt cooperating just tell them.

You remind me alot about me in the beginning. Have a look at my thread. for some extra tips.

Last edited by Mumin; 03/28/22 08:49 PM.

Me: 34
Stbxw: 30
D:5 D:3
Mini bd: May/June 2019
Married: Aug 2019
BD: 6th Dec 2019
OM Confirmed: Feb 2020
March 2020: I filed for D
Waiting for D to be finalized and W to move out end of January 2021
D
Dink Offline OP
OP Offline
D

R
R
To post a quote hit the "Quote" button in the lower right hand corner of a comment and you can play with the start/end tagging, which is brackets around quote=username to start and brackets around /quote to

Thx. How do i write a response separate from the quote?

Thx.

R
R
Originally Posted by Bema
To post a quote hit the "Quote" button in the lower right hand corner of a comment and you can play with the start/end tagging, which is brackets around quote=username to start and brackets around /quote to

Thx. How do i write a response separate from the quote?

Thx.

I do not understand where the thing that looks like a world is . Thx.

D
Dink Offline OP
OP Offline
D
She called me today because I got Locked out of the bank account by putting in wrong password three time because I had caps lock on. She first texted me and said did you request a code from Huntington? If you did call me and I will give it to you. I replied already got it. Thx. She said what did you need it for I said I got locked out. She then called and said what’s going on with the back account and I told her I got locked out because of having caps lock on. She ok, just wanted to make sure what was going on, didn’t know what frame of mind you were in since you never answer my calls or text yesterday, referring to when I took my sister to ER room. I said I better today. She said you know you can call me or whatever to talk, we are still family. I said im good it was a long day and didn’t want to talk about . She was pretty upbeat acting. Then we said goodbye.

Strange

Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard