L
L
K I think you are missing the point.

D
D
Originally Posted by LH19
K I think you are missing the point.

What else is knew. smile

In hindsight I should have left the truckers out of it because I know the very least about all of that. The US is screwed up enough, I don't have time to follow another country. As to the rest, it’s all from personal interaction - actual healthcare workers and stories from them exactly like those of Ginger. It’s from actual business owners, actual physicians, nurses, RTs, techs, from actual law enforcement officers (all though there are totally two sides to the stories with LE because their culture and training needs to change - remember I responded to some 5,000 911 calls 80% also included a LE response.)

This is all real, it’s happening, talk to people outside of your bubble and you will see.

And 90% vaccinated? HIGHLY doubtful but as LH said, that’s not the point, even if accurate.

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
Bomb 6/20/05 / She Filed on 6/2/06 / Divorced on 10/9/06
4 who'd qualify as GF since D & dated about 25 women since D
D
D
What Andrew said…

I got stuck in the middle of one of the freedumb convoys today and was late for appointment because of it. Never wanted to ram my car into the back of someone else’s car so badly before. The vast majority of these people aren’t even truckers (yes…Don…90% are vaccinated and do not support what their colleagues are doing nor does their own union/association who have publicly stated as much). Much of their funding is coming from right wing extremist groups…some from the US. I would love to send them all to Afghanistan or Syria so they can experience firsthand what it is like to live in a country where freedom actually does not exist. Just the fact that they can do what they have been doing with very little interference from authorities proves they live in a free country. The reality is that it will have no affect on mandates or public health orders… all it is doing is polarizing people more. 93% of adults in my province are vaccinated. This is a very small, but loud, minority.

D
D
I just don’t buy it - not for one minute. 90% of people are not doing or agreeing on any one thing. It just doesn’t happen. Not in those decade anyhow. They may claim something or may just remain silent but it’s beyond rare for 90% of EVERYONE to do anything let alone 93%. And you were late because some people are standing up for their body their choice? Boo fricken hoo. Mobs were closing the interstate and burning buildings to the ground in Minneapolis. Entire areas were taken over in Seattle and other places while it was termed a peaceful protest and continued for months. Stores were looted and destroyed. So an actual peaceful protest breaks out and it’s now an issue. Interesting how those who dish it out just can’t take it.

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
Bomb 6/20/05 / She Filed on 6/2/06 / Divorced on 10/9/06
4 who'd qualify as GF since D & dated about 25 women since D
K
kml Offline
K
Just look it up Don. 86% of Canadians have had at least one shot, 80% have had at least two. Much better than the US where 77% have had one dose and only 65% have had two doses. And those numbers include children so the adult vaccination rate in Canada is surely 90%.

The size of their vaccine-denier population is about half the size of ours. Apparently Canadians are not dumb as people from the US.

K
kml Offline
K
You gotta fact check what Fox News and OAN are feeding you, Don.

K
kml Offline
K
For instance - in contrast to your claim that large numbers if healthcare workers are leaving because if vaccine mandates - here’s just part of a long list of the data in various healthcare systems: “ If you look at healthcare systems that have actually mandated this, they’ve retained over 99% of their workforce,” he said in support of the mandates during an August press event. “Their workforce does go along when the employer requires it.” As some provider organizations and states reach their first deadlines for partial or full vaccination, more reports are trickling out on just how many employees hospitals and health systems are losing to vaccine mandates.”
“ Advocate Aurora Health has terminated 440 employees who were not vaccinated for COVID-19. These employees, half of whom worked part time, represent less than 1% of the system's roughly 75,000 workers.

Albany Med has reportedly suspended 204 of its more than 11,000 employees as of Sept. 28. They have a week to comply before facing termination.

Baystate Health suspended 145 workers who missed an Oct. 1 deadline and ultimately fired 90 who remained noncompliant by a secondary Oct. 15 deadline. It employs nearly 12,000 people.

Beaumont Health has seen 70 vaccine-related resignations and has another 370 suspended employees who missed an Oct. 18 vaccination deadline, the system said. The suspended staff have until Nov. 16 to enter compliance before being terminated. Beaumont Health employs about 33,000 people, roughly 2,300 of whom the system said were granted an exemption to the vaccination mandate.

Centra Health lost 36 caregivers to its vaccination requirement. Five were terminated while 31 resigned voluntarily. The organization told press that the departures account for less than a percent of its total workforce and do not impact its staffing.

Central Maine Healthcare has seen 84 resignations and has 250 employees with no vaccination records as of Oct. 11. The provider said it will be temporarily suspending some services and has been in contact with the governor's office for support. The state's COVID-19 vaccination mandate for healthcare staff goes into effect at the end of October.

CHI Memorial said that less than 1% of its roughly 4,600 employees had resigned due to the vaccine requirement as of three days before it took effect.

ChristianaCare President and CEO Janice Nevin, M.D., wrote in a Sept. 27 blog post that the system's vaccination policy resulted in the loss of approximately 150 employees, the equivalent of fewer than 90 full-time employees. Fewer than 48 full-time equivalents provided direct patient care and fewer than 12 full-time equivalents were nurses. Nevin also noted that ChristianaCare, which employed 13,412 during 2020, had also hired more than 200 caregivers during the last month alone.

CoxHealth CEO and President Steve Edwards tweeted that 64 of his company's 12,500 employees (0.51%) chose not to be vaccinated and were discharged.

Crouse Hospital terminated 45 employees who did not meet the state's COVID-19 vaccine requirement. It employs roughly 3,100 people.

Esperanza Health Centers, a five-clinic network of community health centers in Chicago, reportedly lost two of its 311 employees. Notably, Esperanza did not allow for religious exemptions.

Henry Ford Health System reported on Oct. 5 that about 400 employees had voluntarily resigned due to the vaccination requirement, representing about 1% of the system's total workforce. Another 1,900, about 6%, had received medical or religious exemptions. The Detroit-based provider also noted that new hires "are already offsetting those team members who resigned."

Hospital for Special Surgery in New York lost 18 out of 5,000 employees to vaccine resignations and terminations.

Houston Methodist, the first to announce a vaccine mandate, said it had 153 resignations or terminations among its roughly 26,000-person workforce.

Indiana University Health had 125 of its 35,800 employees resign from their jobs due to the vaccine requirement. A spokesperson told Fierce Healthcare on Sept. 23 that many were part-time workers and that the departures were the equivalent of 61 full-time employees.”

L
L
K I think you are still missing the point. You do not want to live in a country where the government forces you to put things in your body that you are not comfortable with the testing.

K
kml Offline
K
The testing is as good as any vaccine we have ever had - and we have more data now than you had in the first ten years if a half other vaccine. But no one is making you get the vaccine - you just can’t do certain things if you don’t. Healthcare workers have had to get many vaccines for years. And honestly, if the anti-vaxxers didn’t overlap almost perfectly with the people who refuse to wear masks for the sake of others I’d have more sympathy.

2 members like this: Traveler, DejaVu6
D
D
Non one’s been forced to do anything. There are certain jobs that require vaccinest… and there always have been.

And Don…I really don’t know what to make of you. Sometimes you are supportive and then other times, I just think you are probably one of the most negative, angry people I’ve ever come into contact with. I get you disagree with me but I don’t get your disdain and your judgemental comments…not just about this…about a lot of things.

And yeah…you bet…I was extremely irritated. I hate being late for things and I wholeheartedly disagree with them and everything they stand for. Their upside down flags. Their derogatory, ignorant signs. Their claim to be “fighting for freedom” and their disrespect for the people who have come before them who actually have fought for freedom (dancing on the grave of the unknown soldier).

And the numbers are correct. It’s a matter of public record. 93% of adults in my province are vaccinated.

2 members like this: Traveler, kml
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard