Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
K
kml Offline
K
Now I have The Runaways Cherry Bomb in my head.

1 member likes this: bttrfly
A
AndrewP Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by kml
Now I have The Runaways Cherry Bomb in my head.
My current ear worm is Paloma Faith's Upside Down. That girl has more swing than can be contained.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
G
G
I just have sex on my mind now

K
kml Offline
K
Lolol

A
AndrewP Offline OP
OP Offline
A
What a week! The regional rail yards are now in such a mess that they can't pull out the cars we need. We got 4 of the 7 cars I ordered in on Thursday and one of them they put in the wrong spot so that our guys couldn't unload it. The crew left saying "no time" so I have 90 tonnes of product sitting that I can't touch. It would have taken them 10 more minutes to unhook the car from the one next to it and move it the 20 feet needed to place it properly.

They said that the cars they didn't bring (even though the email I get at about 9:00 pm said they were coming) were buried behind others and they just couldn't get to them. And on top of that more cars keep coming in to the regional yard. We've not had a completely smooth week since before Christmas.

The plant next door is having it even harder than us as they are more reliant on rail and require a lot of shunting inside their plant.

We also have a handful of customers in the Rust Belt in the US that we can't promise deliveries to because of the border blockades. I have about 4 truck loads that it's a coin toss if we'll bother to load or not.

Since we're hurting, our customers are also hurting. I had a long call yesterday with one of our larger customers who is trying to service a new mine that is opening up and needs products to get their waste water treatment plant going. We had talked a few weeks ago and I had said that I would try to get them about 6 tonnes this past week which didn't happen. They have a total demand of about 36 tonnes over the next few weeks. I just had a peek at the plant cameras and the truck is placed to load up the 7 1/2 tonnes we'll ship them Monday. I swear, every day is just a balance of who do I tick off the least. Either I don't have product to ship, or I have it and can't ship it.

Just finished week #3 of working from home because of the outbreak at the plant. I haven't heard if I'm to go on site or not next week which perhaps means no. I was supposed to get a haircut 3 weeks ago that I had to cancel so getting pretty shaggy for me now.

---

My son stopped by yesterday afternoon to borrow my large roasting pan - he's had a turkey in his freezer for quite a long time that he's going to roast up. He was in great spirits, has applied for some more jobs and has adopted a young cat a couple of days ago. I think having that job behind him and an open book in front has been very good for him. He took the job he had really to be able to move out from being in here. We got along but he "really" didn't want to be living with Dad.

---

Trying to decide if I'll date again this spring. Valentines Day coming up is a reminder of all things romance. I really am on the fence on this. People, including those I've dated have assured me that I'm a catch. All my own teeth and hair and such-like. I don't think I could do the living separately thing although it has some appeal. It's nice to wander around the house scratching myself randomly and not worrying about being judged by anyone other than the cat. There are things I want in my life though that I don't have which companionship of the 2 legged variety would give. Chickens are nice but aren't known for being good listeners and it's probably frowned on taking one to a museum or craft show.

Had an interesting chat with one of the new owners of the brewery in my village. Nice people. Good friends with my friend "C" and undoubtedly aware that we had gone on a few dates a few years ago. Very smart people and their friend group has done a lot of traveling. He was extolling the virtues of some places they've been in South and East Asia - not really parts of the world that I currently think would be worth the effort to get to when there are so many nice places closer to hand. We had a long chat about politics and economics. I think he was surprised to find me well informed. Certainly not the stereotype that you might have of someone who lives in a small rural village.

Well - time to get things moving. I made myself a substantial breakfast - pancakes, sausage, smoked kippers, big pot of tea which is now just about empty.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
K
kml Offline
K
I loved Thailand! I was in Bangkok a month after 9/11 and it was great. However Thailand was more stable politically then; since the beloved king died, things have been dicier.

K
kml Offline
K
Also - don’t consider living with a woman until you’ve dated her for a couple of years!

1 member likes this: job
A
AndrewP Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Grinding through the weekend and the stack of work I'm trying to get caught up on. This is pretty much a 7 days / week job but usually it's only an hour or so on the weekends.

I was checking tank levels this morning and was able to spot flow from one of our higher quality tanks to a lower quality one. The level in the one tank was off from what I expected and so I went into the trend information stored in the PLC and "whoops!" Well - there's 2 truckloads that need to be adjusted - about 60 tonnes is now going to be sold at a slight discount ... The plant operator wasn't very pleased when I called him - a couple of swear words and then he ran out to close the valves that someone else had left open in the wrong order. At least it was caught when it was.

It does mean though that I can divert some of this product to a couple of customers who were going to be short shipped so that's a positive at any rate. The engineers have been instructed to review our procedures again as this has happened at least 2 or 3 times that I can think of in the last 6 months. Just glad I noticed it.

---

I think that "P" who owns the shop around the corner from me was flirting with me on Saturday. We had gotten into a discussion about politics and "stuff" - we have very different points of view but respect that fact with the other. I was in her shop stocking up on the bath-bombs her daughter makes - the shea butter ones make for quite a nice relaxing soak in the tub.

She said that if it were summer that we should go and spend some time in the park to talk politics. I think that she's finding her views - some of which are a bit "out there" are causing some conflict with people including it turns out her own brother.

It's a tricky thing for me. I really like this person and consider her a "friendly acquaintance". She's smart, has a big heart, is devoted to what she sees as good causes, is a hard worker and yes, for someone so tiny has some curves that are nice to look at. I think she's about 3 years younger than me. BUT as I've also mentioned before she's as full of fruit and nuts in my opinion on her political views as a well balanced breakfast.

I once described her to my son as "intense" and he told me that that was certainly not the sort of person he thought I should be involved with. He's also found out more about her from common acquaintances especially about the "fruit and nuts" thing and is very sure that I shouldn't date her. And I agree. So - keep things polite and neighbourly and be oblivious to other suggestions which seem to be getting more direct as time passes.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
L
L
So you have different political views and you each respect each other’s differences in opinions but yet you can’t date her because she has a different view. She has nice curves and is a bath bomb supplier yet you are going to walk away. Makes sense to me.

K
kml Offline
K
Look what happened last time you dated someone your kids warned you against dating! Stay far far away!!!

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard