kml Offline
K
Lolol

B
bttrfly Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted by devvo
When I first read about your "roo" I wondered who on earth kept pet kangaroos that go a'wandering round your part of the planet. I had to go back and read very carefully to work out why you were so blasé about semi-adopting a new marsupial family member....
well, if one wandered by, i'd be happy to adopt it! what does one feed that type of a marsupial?

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D Final 12/23/16

"There's something awfully screwy going on around here!"

Walk along the side of the road with a bag & you're gonna end up with a lot of trash!
D
D
Originally Posted by bttrfly
Originally Posted by devvo
When I first read about your "roo" I wondered who on earth kept pet kangaroos that go a'wandering round your part of the planet. I had to go back and read very carefully to work out why you were so blasé about semi-adopting a new marsupial family member....
well, if one wandered by, i'd be happy to adopt it! what does one feed that type of a marsupial?

Most Aussies leave roos to their natural environment as they aren't particularly engaging. They are also very nomadic. If you wanted to try keeping one though, you'd feed it hay, carrots, apples etc. I've heard they have digestive tracts similar to alpacas.

Me:57 H:57
S:25 S:22
M:24 T:26
BD:Aug 15
D:Sep 17
1 member likes this: bttrfly
B
bttrfly Offline OP
OP Offline
B
well, if a wild roo of the Aussie variety wandered through my back yard in New England I would certainly call the environmental police ... a serval was found and captured not too long ago in a nearby town. someone owned him illegally and dumped the poor little guy. He had a terrible injury to one leg which required that it be amputated. He's now in a sanctuary where he can be happy for the rest of his days. People s&ck.

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D Final 12/23/16

Walk along the side of the road with a bag & you're gonna end up with a lot of trash!
B
bttrfly Offline OP
OP Offline
B
G I was speaking strictly about my sitch, not commenting on anyone else's comments on Andrew's sitch. It hit a nerve because in the past year I've had so many people tell me to walk away from my son, kick him out, don't take his calls, let him be homeless. Had I done any of those things for any great length of time, he'd be dead today. A scant few of you know details about my sitch, enough to know that I am not being hyperbolic when I say this. Yet these people all meant well, and one dear friend who has gone through something similar with his son did do all those things, and his son is thriving today. My son is not my friend's son. My friend knows his son better than I do, and I know mine better than he does. What helped his son thrive almost killed mine. I did follow some of this advice and it did not work. I'm personally not going down that road again. That was really my point, that we each know our own kids and situations best. None of us gives full details here and some of the details which are left out would probably change a lot of the advice given.

G, you are absolutely the best person to be not-so-little G's mom, and it shows, because she's doing great. I have the utmost respect for you, and you know that - at least I hope you do. Honestly, I couldn't play video games with my exh. He is barely able to be civil to me on the very rare occasions when we do speak - and those occasions are usually calls from him and are always about our son.

As for my time here coming to a close, it's something I've been thinking about for quite a while, LH. No G, you are not factoring into that decision. When I found these forums, I was in a much different place in my life. The people on the MLC board helped me immensely and I'm truly grateful and will continue to try to give back there when time permits, and when I can stomach reading some of the painful situations without feeling so sad.

If I'm being honest, I find it more and more difficult to relate to a lot of the things people post about on this particular forum. It leads me to believe that my post divorce journey is probably going in a much different direction. I may still pop in from time to time, but my journey lies elsewhere.

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D Final 12/23/16

T
T
Originally Posted by Butterfly
If I'm being honest, I find it more and more difficult to relate to a lot of the things people post about on this particular forum. It leads me to believe that my post divorce journey is probably going in a much different direction. I may still pop in from time to time, but my journey lies elsewhere.
That makes sense. The mentors, the support groups we need change throughout our lives. If you decide to leave or less frequently visit this group, I wish you happy travels on your journey through life.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Cadet, job, Virginia 

Link Copied to Clipboard