Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
R
R
Originally Posted by kml
3-5 year olds cannot get vaccinated yet.
They can get vaccinated. Should they is the question. And who should decide? Is it a personal choice that an educated parent and the doctor can make?

Obviously there are trials to determine if there is a risk to this age group and some children have already received the vax...but the studies are not very publicly advertised.

"What is best for my kids is best for me"
Amor Fati
Link to quotes: https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2879712
K
kml Offline
K
No, the vaccine has not been approved yet for 6 month to 4 years age group.

D
D
Originally Posted by Ready2Change
They can get vaccinated. Should they is the question.

Obviously there are trials to determine if there is a risk to this age group and some children have already received the vax...but the studies are not very publicly advertised.

And there are no long term studies - obviously, because they are still new. Medicine is very much about risk versus benefit. Or at least it used to be. In a 70 year old the benefit is well demonstrated to outweigh risk. When the risk is many fractions of one percent, it’s easier for risk to outweigh the benefit - especially since the notion that vaccinating children will prevent them from transmitting Covid to the more vulnerable adult population, as the original lie was preached over and over and over - something I’m now starting to see evidence was well known or at least very highly suspected as long as 10 months ago, but was kept quiet. Its well accepted and proven today. It’s not often that 70 year old patients are treated the same as 7 year olds and with good reason.

Originally Posted by kml
Don - the science is clear that masks help reduce transmission.

Then why have “the experts” now been saying otherwise? Take for example one of the darling woke networks, CNN, who now say cloth masks are “little more than facial decorations.”

"Cloth masks are little more than facial decorations. There's no place for them in light of Omicron," said CNN Medical Analyst Dr. Leana Wen, an emergency physician and visiting professor of health policy and management at the George Washington University Milken Institute School of Public Health. She is but one of many, many recent examples who no longer support masking the asymptomatic and heathy.

Why then are locations with mask mandates very often seeing higher infection rates per 100,000 than those without them? Certainly there should be some level of improvement, but very often it’s worse! Why are areas of the world with some of the most stringent mandates seeing higher case rates than those with none? Again, we should be able to see a clear difference. Yet we do not.

You keep claiming science but when respected representatives like Dr. Wen say otherwise you no longer agree or try to claim that the government who has stated from the start they are following the science are now being cooped.

Very often science charges. Ie fish oil, ie daily aspirin, ie PSA tests, ie treating stroke patients with TPA and I could fill a book with others. Very often what medicine thinks and does early on is later proven to be ineffective and sadly too often sometimes proven harmful.

I will agree there is some possibility that N95 and other real masks, properly worn, might provide some slight increase in protection. The typical mask, worn by the typical person, are little more than face decoration. OMG I’m agreeing with CNN!!!!

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
Bomb 6/20/05 / She Filed on 6/2/06 / Divorced on 10/9/06
4 who'd qualify as GF since D & dated about 25 women since D
K
kml Offline
K
Good cloth masks will still cut down dramatically on how much virus is expelled - those studies on children were done when most would have been wearing cloth masks, and many of them incorrectly. It STILL cut down on outbreaks over three fold. But with the increased infectivity of Omicron, to protect yourself, you need a better quality mask. And since so many jerks won't wear masks, we can't depend on them to protect yourself. Also, not all cloth masks are equal. The ones made of t-shirt material are bad. The ones I sewed from two layers of tightly woven cotton quilting material with customized gathering around the face and chin- significantly better.

Watch the video, Don. You keep confusing the effectiveness of masks at protecting others, with the effectiveness of masks protecting yourself. If we all wore masks, the exact type of mask would not matter that much. Since so many won't wear masks, we need better masks to protect ourselves from all the aerosol they are spewing our way.

T
OP Online
T
Originally Posted by Bl42
Why would you try to rekindle any relationship (friend or more) with someone who treated you so poorly and for which you harbor resentment? That doesn't sound healthy.
Hmm. I guess my biggest fear is I seem to be losing a friend in common over the rift. I've heard Ms. Sunshine is telling her story about the breakup to anyone who will listen. I've abstained. "I only control me" is not entirely true in this context--she's influencing others and I have the power to as well. Maybe best is to reach out to that friend for advice. "I hope she's doing well. I don't have any hard feelings. Any suggestions for making her feel more comfortable the next time we all get together?"

K
kml Offline
K
That girl is DRAMA and you should stay far away. You sure as heck should not contact her!

T
OP Online
T
What about the friends in common, kml—any thoughts there?

B
B
those who truly know you and are your friends will stay the course, and will understand that Ms Sunshine's poison stems from bitter grapes. Stay on the high road. It is not your job to fix anyone's feelings.

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D Final 12/23/16

If we don't look into the darkness we won't find the light.

Walk along the side of the road with a bag & you're gonna end up with a lot of trash!
K
kml Offline
K
Yeah - if the friends know you, whose account do you think they'll believe - hers or yours? Honestly, if they know her, they probably also already know she's a bit whack.

If someone asks you, stick to the high road - you just didn't feel it was a healthy relationship for you. That doesn't put it on your head, you're not saying anything about her or anything, it just wasn't healthy for you - and it wasn't!

As for dating other women in this friend circle in the future - I'd be very wary. A good friend circle is worth more than a date, and unless you're positive she's the love of your life, I wouldn't risk it.

M
M
Originally Posted by DonH
"Cloth masks are little more than facial decorations. There's no place for them in light of Omicron,"

To make sure your hands are germ free, you need to wash your hands for more than 30 seconds with a good antibacterial soap. But washing hands with a mild soap or even plain water is still a lot better than not washing your hands at all. Similarly, with the higher infectiousness of Omicron, KN95 or other good masks are preferred. But wearing surgical masks or cloth masks is still a lot better than not wearing a mask at all.

Why then are locations with mask mandates very often seeing higher infection rates per 100,000 than those without them?

There could be many reasons. Population density is often one of the factors. Social distancing in NYC is a lot harder than social distancing in Anchorage, AK.

Very often science charges. Ie fish oil, ie daily aspirin, ie PSA tests, ie treating stroke patients with TPA and I could fill a book with others. Very often what medicine thinks and does early on is later proven to be ineffective and sadly too often sometimes proven harmful.

There has been no change in the position or reasoning behind the fact that universal masking reduces the spread of COVID. A cloth mask work by an infected person is still better than no mask regardless of any hyperbole used by people on television.

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, job, Virginia 

Link Copied to Clipboard