Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
B
bttrfly Online OP
OP Online
B
Originally Posted by kml
Phew! Girl, go buy a lottery ticket!
I did - a $5 scratch ticket. I didn't win, lol. But I won everything that matter, right? Oh forgot - on Wednesday I noticed my car was leaking gas. When it was at the shop on Friday they checked it - I need a new fuel filter - cheap and easy fix! Woot!

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D Final 12/23/16

If we don't look into the darkness we won't find the light.

Walk along the side of the road with a bag & you're gonna end up with a lot of trash!
A
A
Glad everyone is ok for a particular value of ok. I know how much you love that car (and your son and the doggo) - hopefully it can be fixed up as good as new.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
1 member likes this: bttrfly
L
L
Glad you’re safe BF. One of the beautiful things about go through D you really start to understand what is important in life.

M:51 W:46
T:22 M:16
S:15 D:11

�Happiness equals reality minus expectations�- Magliozzi
D
DnJ Offline
D
Good Morning bttrfly

Wow!

Glad you and son are safe.

It’s amazing how quickly, in the blink of an eye, things can change. And change again.

Such a harrowing event, a damaging event; then a thankful grateful event. I agree, someone is watching over you. To exit that with just a scratch; yeah, blessed.

Life is short, and can and does change in an instant; live it well and fully. I believe your Mom said something like that to you from her deathbed, and now again. And Dad probably had a hand in this as well. (((Hug)))

Originally Posted by bttrfly
my dog is stoned out of his tiny little furry mind.

Lol.

Oh my, he’d be so loopy. He’s going to crave snacks. smile

D

Now: Me54 XW51 S25 S23 S21 D20

Oct 8/17-BD, Moves in w/OM, Leaves Kids
Me49 W46 S20 S19 S16 D15
M26 T29
Dec 9/17-Legal Separation
Oct 3/18-W Files
Apr 6/19-Divorced

Love the Sinner, Forgive the Sin.
holy cannoli!! Glad you and son are ok. Those close calls really put life into perspective.

ME47 XH44, S28 S24 S19

8/17-BD
IHS: 1/17-2/19
D FILED (ME): 7/19
D FINAL: 10/20
M23 T25
OW CONFIRMED: 01/21

Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
B
bttrfly Online OP
OP Online
B
ok. no heat downstairs. wth??? i remembered that thermostats now have batteries. I've changed the battery and have the gas fireplace going. fingers crossed I fixed the issue. except. the water isn't working in my fridge. so. we wait.

you know. just saying. being a bad @$$ can be somewhat tiring.

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D Final 12/23/16

Walk along the side of the road with a bag & you're gonna end up with a lot of trash!
B
bttrfly Online OP
OP Online
B
plus woken up by the great horned owl serenading me last night. woke up my son as well. i also had really weird dreams. Mom and I were driving somewhere, that's all I remember. I think son was with us, but not sure. She was wearing a pink sweater. That I remember. Then another dream there was a commercial on tv for an album I thought she'd enjoy, so I went to order it, then I remembered she'd passed ... so I woke myself up, crying. it's ok. this is part of the process. then another weird dream somehow involving exh and OW/2.0/Vista and her non-existent daughter (she has two sons) ... and a house that was mine and exh's ... I dunno. didn't look like our marital home ... and finally one with the guy I blocked, except we were sort of seeing each other (which would be a really bad idea on my part) ... again. no idea what this was about. my subconscious is all over the place, right?

good grief. who needs travel with this kind of active dreamstate?

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D Final 12/23/16

D
D
(((BF))). So glad you and your son and your puppy are okay. I love your reaction to it. So many people would be focused on the negatives and the inconveniences but not you… you went straight to the bright side. Good for you!!! If more people did that, this world would be a much nicer place.

RE: your dream. I had some really vivid ones after my dad died (a very real-feeling conversation with him) and my mom too. Waking up in tears happened on a couple of occasions. I think you are right…it’s all part of the process. Your subconscious mind will even out over time. You don’t just get over losses like that in a few weeks. It takes time.

I also agree with you and your perspective on holding your XH accountable and how it isn’t your job. I, too, am polite and reserved when I see my kids’ dad. Hard to believe that it has only been three and a half years since I found out about him and OW because he really is a stranger to me now. Co-parenting with a stranger that you can’t trust is definitely not easy. I used to give him my trust freely but those days are gone. Like you said…trust is earned and I’m pretty sure my kids will be adults and living independently long before he has earned mine - if that’s even possible.

Hope your heat problems are solved quickly and cheaply. (((HUGS)))

Me 53
H 48
B/G Twins 13
SD 21
Legal SA - January 2019
Divorce filed - June 2019
Divorce final - November 2019

Together 14 years
Married 12 years
BD1 - May 2014
BD2 - September 14, 2018

B
bttrfly Online OP
OP Online
B
changing the batteries in the thermostat fixed it, DV ... thankfully !
If I stop to think about it (and I try not to, truthfully) I find it almost unfathomable that more than half my life was spent with someone I don't speak to ... that I share a child with someone who is a complete stranger, whose values are so far removed from mine. Oh well. That's life, right?

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D Final 12/23/16

D
D
Originally Posted by bttrfly
I find it almost unfathomable that more than half my life was spent with someone I don't speak to ... that I share a child with someone who is a complete stranger, whose values are so far removed from mine.

It is sorta surreal isn’t it? I mean even though my time together with my ex was probably around half that of yours, maybe even less, it is crazy to think how two people can see each other pretty much every day for nearly 10,000 days and then rarely if ever speak. Probably best not to think about it but dang, as the song lyrics go, how bizarre, how bizarre.

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
Bomb 6/20/05 / She Filed on 6/2/06 / Divorced on 10/9/06
4 who'd qualify as GF since D & dated about 25 women since D
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Cadet, job, Virginia 

Link Copied to Clipboard